What's new

Addams Familly : SE? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone know if a Special Edition is under consideration? I've held off buying the previous release for fear that one will be put out down the line soon after I bought them. But now, a few years later, i'm not so sure...

just curious.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive seen this on HBO lately in HD(looks fantastic!)and have been thinking of picking up the DVD - Ive always put it off.

Its just so much fun to watch and I LOVE Julia's Gomez. It always makes me smile.

A SE would be great.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
If anyone is going to make a special edition of this movie, they should do one for its sequel too. I saw it first, and after seeing "The Addams Family", I like both movies, but still like the sequel more.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If Paramount's recent swing away from releasing unreleased titles to DVD and toward re-releasing older titles as "new collector's editions" (sometimes for a third go-around) is any indication, you'll see SE's of both ADDAMS FAMILY movies long before ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS or PHASE IV or CRACK IN THE WORLD or ACE IN THE HOLE or AFRICAN QUEEN or ... yadayadayada

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought the "Two Things Are Better Than One" edition: it houses both films on a single disc with two theatrical trailers a piece.

The video for the first film is actually strong, albeit there is some lost of fine detail, sharpness, and the green tint of the movie shifts to a purplish-red magenta on character's faces for certain scenes.

Vaules looks worse than the VHS.

I don't know Sonnenfeld's view on deleted footage from his films making it on dvd -- but I do know there are hours worth from both movies.

A tribute to Raul Julia would be ideal.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Ironically in the two years since this was posted we've seen Robinson Crusoe on Mars on dvd but have yet to receive a proper se of Addams Family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks