What's new

Add another tally to the SVS owner list. (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hi all,

Well, I've been a member now for around two months (Wow, that's it? It seems like much longer.) and already I have purchased a new DVD player without the chroma bug and just yesterday a new sub. After hearing so many good things about SVS and their performance with movies and the customer service, I had to check one out. I was a little leary to order from an online only store without hearing the product even with the return policy. With the many happy owners in this forum I was about to pull the trigger anyway. And talking with Tom and him answering my many many e-mails even when I told him it would be months before I could buy one, I was almost swayed. Then I noticed that some guys in Cincinnatti were organizing a HTF Meet. I didn't think four hours was too bad a drive so I went down there and had a blast. Meeting the guys was great (going to attend the next one too), and LaMarcus brought his SVS for everyone to hear. It only took one listen of the bass CD I brought and I was sold. My current sub is tuned to 30Hz and I didn't know some of the bass on that CD was even there. And the lower the SVS went, the louder it seemed. After the CD, and calibration, we watched some movies and I couldn't wait to get home to order my own SVS. I can't believe I was a little bit of a skeptic either. I also can't believe I considered two! I have to thank LaMarcus for talking me out of that. One is plenty for my space.

It's only been two weeks since the meet, but I placed my order in for a 20-39 PC Plus. I can't wait! They ship from Ohio so hopefully I won't have to wait too long. I am glad I am joining all of you our there who also went the SVS route. I am still new to all this, I might try the DIY route next time, but that'll be a long time from now anyway. Don't have the time because of school.

Sorry such a long thread, but I had to share my excitement, my friend's here in Cleveland think I am crazy to be into HT like I am. What do they know!:)

Thanks for listening,
George

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
George, I'm jealous!!

If I can sell my Paradigm PW-2200 (less than a year old), I'm getting me a SVS 20-39PC+.

You didn't get to make the meet we had at my place, and I couldn't make the second meet at Mike's, but I'm sure you heard that my system kicks ass!! With a SVS, it will really ROCK!!

See you at LaMarcus' meet!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
George I could not agree with you more and especially the statement "The lower the SVS went the louder it seamed".
>
I have been running a 25-31 CS+ for the past three days and it is really something. The duel subs I ran in the past were no slouches ether. I guess what i'm trying to say is I HERE YOU.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hi Casey,

If you check out the main page to this forum where you see all of the areas you can visit, you will see a section titled "Local Home Theater Forum Meets". It is under "Other Distractions". This is where people from your area or close by can organize a get together and talk about everything home theater. At the one I went to, we listened to music, watched movie clips, played around with calibration, tested out Mike's Pioneer Elite receiver, talked with an ISF certified calibrator and watched him show us what is involved in calibrating a tv. The picture was awesome too. It was basically a party where we made new friends and had fun talking about our hobby. See if you can organize a meet in your area. They can be a lot of fun.

Steve, what are you upgrading from? Thanks for the reply.

George

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I have ran duel Vel ct-150's in the past and I decided to take the SVS plunge along with having Brian Bunge of (Rutledge Audio) build me a AV15 which should ship the first of next week.
>
That HT meet sounds like allot of fun to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks