Add another Sony WM40 or get an Audiosource SW 15

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill**H, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Bill**H

Bill**H Stunt Coordinator

Nov 25, 2002
    First, i want an SVS, but I just can not afford one right now.
    I have a Sony WM40 now with the Onkyo SKS-HT500 speaker system. The room is 11'3" by 33', part of it is the dining room. I can get 102 to 105 peak DB's at the sweet spot, but I'm pushing the Sony kind of hard. I'm running it 7 to 9 DB's hot. If I turn off the SUB I can get the Onkyo's to go louder and still sound good. I don't remember what the DB level was with out the sub. If I add another Sony that will give me 6 more DB. What I'm thinking is, I can run the subs around 7 to 9 DB hot for the pair so I will have more bass. Will this give me more seat of the pants feel?
    Or should I just buy one Audiosource SW-15 and sell the Sony? Would this give me more bass (feel) and total system volume?
    I also want to get JBL S-26's or S-38's and an S Center some time in the future.

What would you do first?
    1) Save for an SVS (it will be a while)
    2) Buy another Sony
    3) Buy an Audiosource SW-15
    4) or buy the JBL's (it will be a while)
    S-26 all the way around
    S-38 front and S-26 rear
    S-38 all the way around

I know this is a lot of questions to ask and I hope I made them understandable.
    Thanks for your time.
  2. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

Dec 18, 2001
  3. GregLee

GregLee Stunt Coordinator

Aug 13, 2002
    I don't know what you should buy, but since you can get more volume from the Onkyo speakers, it might be possible to improve your bass by using a lower crossover, passing some of the bass burden from the sub to the other speakers.