What's new

Add a little water and my drive is... (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
...screwed! Look at this. My drive home from work is basically the 15/10 interchange (top middle) down past Irvine, into HB (bottem left hand corner, below the airplane). 52 miles home and it's going to take me 2 hours I bet.

It has rained, maybe a 1/2" today and you know, I just don't have the words to describe my feelings at this time. I'm just pissed at the stupid people causing all these yellow triangles. It's a friggen Xmas tree on the freeways.

I have never caused an accident in my 20 years of driving, never. I have been in 4, none of which were my fault. Now, I have to leave the office and join this mess. I just don't understand people!

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/...&postid=154931

Peace Out~:angry:

...and no, this rant does not make me feel any better.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I hope you just upped your insurance policy after tempting fate with that comment. ;)

Just kidding, by the time you read this post, you're already home probably assuming the pose in your signature pic.

BTW... who is the guy causing the double accident where there aren't any roads? :)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Yeah, California goes long periods without rain sometimes, and during dry spells the oil builds up on the roadways, when it rains the water mixing with the oil can make it like ice almost, and most Cal drivers are not used to this, thus causing the christmas tree effect.

Not even a little better? Can we help?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I look at that map and I only think of one thing...which is sad....

"SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!"

- Bill and Teds.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

You know, some posters over in the "Black Ice" thread would see this as "geographic prejudice" and reply "Let's not turn this into a Californian thing!". :laugh:

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I sympatize Ron.

You should see it around here when the first snowfall of the season hits.

You'd THINK people here would remember that we live in Canada. But OH NO... that first snowfall hits, and suddenly there are 200 fender-benders and worse scattered around. Totally ridiculous. It's like every year, people forget how to drive in snow, until they get a taste of it again.

Drives me nuts.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
You could live closer to work.;)

Of course, with the prices you crazy Cali's are willing to pay for homes, I suppose that's not likely.:) I was in Newport Beach a couple of weeks ago on business, and was shocked at what a typical family has to do to buy a home.

I think my 20 mile commute is too long (usually 25-40 minutes, depending on whether or not I wish to pay tolls).

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
The Number One Reason To rent An Apartment:

Moving! When I got my current job I found a new apartment On the same block! I have no commute!

Unfortunately the neighbor happens to have a DVD player and watch Blackhawk Down every night....

:frowning:

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Ron I can understand the rain problem in Southern Califorina because you have so many days without it.

Up here in Oregon it works both ways. After a long dry spell when the rain hits the drivers go stupid. "oh my.... I forgot how to drive in the rain!" After a day or two of rain the stupidness seems to wear off.

Then the opposite happens. The rain stops and the sun comes out and the drivers go stupid again. "oh my.... I forgot how to drive with the sun shining!"

God help us when we get snow or ice!

Hope the beer tasted extra good by the time you got home

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, I made it home in 1.5 hours. Not too bad, but I took less congested freeways and toll roads to pull it off. My main route was still all jammed up.

My biggest issue is that all these "incidents" are labeled as "accidents" when I'm willing to bet 95% of those yellow triangles are avoidable thus they should be labeled accordingly. The word "accident" is way over used and used improperly.

Next week is looking to be worse. Two storms back to back lined up and ready to roll in. One on Saturday and the other on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Here's looking at more stupids on the road. Beer-Up!

Peace Out~:D

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah... yesterday was not fun... 15mi commute should not equal 1+ hours...

--kyle

Cary_H

Second Unit
ONCE AGAIN FOILED BY BEING TIMED OUT WHILE POSTING.
OF COURSE THE PAGE HAS EXPIRED.
I give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks