What's new

ADCOM amps (1 Viewer)

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
For those of you that know this company, perhaps you can help. I'm looking on Ebay at one of these bad boys. The model is GFA-5400 and it's going for $200 with 6 hours left. From what I can gather, it's 200 Watts to 4 ohms. However, what I'm wondering is is that total, or per channel?
Also, can all amps be bridged or only some? Can this one?
I'm planning on using the Tempest driver (750watts at 4ohms running parellel), is this amp enough power?
Thanx in advance for any answers and patience with stupid questions!

JohanK

Second Unit
That's 200W per channel @ 4 ohms and it cannot be bridged in stock form.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html

David Judah

Screenwriter
I use a 5400 to power my Tempest in an 8 ohm coniguration(125W per VC)and it is adequate for my needs.
It really depends how loud you want to go. I generally watch movies at 10 db down and I have not driven it into distortion. Well, once actually during a demo scene of The Haunting, but it was at a level I would never normally listen at.
To bridge it you have to pop off the cover and flip a little switch. I haven't done it but that was how it was relyed to me by an Adcom rep. He said it was very easy to do.
DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks