Adam's Rib and Woman of The Year - opinons?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Hodson, Jun 11, 2004.

1. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    On a Spencer Tracy kick right now - I'm pondering whether to buy Adam's Rib and Woman of The Year. These former MGM titles are now produced by Warners, but I'm wondering whether (a) the transfers are up to Warners standard and (b) whether they'll reissued sometime soon with extras, as is Warners custom these days.

Anyone?

---
    So many films, so little time...

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

The transfers are servicable, though nothing special, and there are no rumors (that I'm aware of) of any reissues. As films, Adam's Rib is one of the greatest ever, and Woman of the Year, while not on that level, is quite good.

3. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John

That's what I feared. Maybe it's time to lobby Warners for a Spencer Tracy Signature Collection [​IMG] Thanks!

BTW with the deepest respect to anyone who wants to give an opinion on the films themselves, I was only asking for opinions on the quality of the transfers. Spencer Tracy is a movie giant, and one of my heroes.

---
    So many films, so little time...

4. Derek_McL

Derek_McL Second Unit

I think Adam's Rib is great probably better IMO than Father of the Bride, Bad Day At Black Rock (when Warner ?)and Fury (another great Tracy!). How anyway can say its average at best beats me ? Each to their own but if you like Tracy a no brainer honestly its definitely his best with Hepburn. As for the transfer it looked pretty good to me though yes probably not up to recent standards but if you like the films or the stars that really shouldn't deter you.

5. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Not surprising Henry and I disagree about a film. And sometimes when that happens, most film experts are on Henry's side. In this case, one doesn't have to try to hard to find Adam's Rib on various 'greatest film lists', so I think most experts are more on my side. [​IMG]