What's new

Adams Chronicles (1976) - any hope? (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
30 years ago PBS ran a wonderful series called "The Adams Chronicles" which followed multiple generations of the family, which included the first father/son presidential pair.

Is this lost to the ages? Doing some quick internet searching shows that this has never been released to home video nor does it appear it's been shown on TV since the 1980s. If David McCullough's bio of John Adams didn't resurrect this, what will?

Does anyone else remember this or have any indication what the potential for DVD release is?

My wife just got another 70s PBS series (The Flambards) so it does appear that some of their earlier productions have made it to video.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
I agree that it would be wonderful to see this on DVD. You are correct about it never being released to home video, but a few years ago I did some research and found it had been released on VHS tape to some college and university libraries. I have searched all the colleges and universities in RI, though, and sadly none had it. I don't know if this would be available to you.

SMK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.