What's new

Adam West RIP (1 Viewer)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Been watching West making guest appearances on various Western series.
The Virginian.
Bonanza.
Gunsmoke.
Sugarfoot.
Maverick.
Overland Trail.

Plus his appearances on 77 Sunset Strip and Mannix.

And of course BATMAN.
Been thinking I should purchase LEGEND OF THE SUPERHEROES DVD from Warner Archive.
Those two episodes are probably the lowest point of superhero television but its more Adam, Burt, and Frank.

Rest In Peace!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This was the scene in L.A. last night. The Batsignal was lit in honor of Adam West.

AR-170619607.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
This was posted on Adam's official Facebook page:

Dear fans,

Thank you so much for the ongoing support and love you've shown for AW and our family. We're truly grateful.

One of his last requests before he passed was to keep his bright light shining on the world by supporting children who have cancer and their families by donating to the following organizations that were near and dear to his heart:

Camp Rainbow Gold -
http://camprainbowgold.org

St. Jude -
http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR?px=4615000&fr_id=39300&pg=personal

Thank you.

The West Family

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Much like Bob, Batman was my world in the 1960's. Back then, the networks began broadcasting at 7:30 and not 8:00. ABC ran Batman at 7:30, but in Canada it ran on CTV at 7:00 on the same nights . Virtually every week, I would watch the CTV 7:00 broadcast, and then immediately watch the same show at 7:30 on the ABC feed from Buffalo.

When TCM announced the Batman feature as a poolside screening at the TCM Classic Film Festival in 2015, I knew that was one event I was not going to miss. We arrived 45 minutes early, hoping to secure a prime seat, only to end up at the opposite end of the pool where staff were quickly setting up more and more chairs until there just wasn't any more room to fill. Lee Meriwether joined him for a wonderful chat before the feature began.

The Los Angeles Bat Signal tribute this week seems so perfect to me - it somehow manages to honor both Mr. West and the innocence
that made the show so wonderful.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
After a couple of weeks of Batman during its original run, my father went out and bought us our first color television - an Admiral 25" console, and we all thought we had died and gone to heaven. We watched all the color TV shows we could, but the TV was glued to Batman on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

So, I have Adam West to thank for my first color TV in my home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks