What's new

Adam-12 Season Two? (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Well, I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't think your boss would approve, however. ;)

I really am excited about this season two release. :emoji_thumbsup:

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Wow, commentaries on four(!) of the episodes. How great will watching this set be...

Like someone else mentioned, just hope that future season releases will include Milner and McCord involvement.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

LOL if I had sick days still to burn this year I would play hooky from work.;) But yeah Im hoping target or best buy got it on sale this week otherwise it DDD or amazon.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I received my set yesterday from DeepDiscount (a bargain at $20.12 shipped) and watched the first three episodes. Confirming what several of the reviews have said, Shout! Factory has done a nice job with this and bests Universal's season 1 release easily. Picture quality is certainly as good as, if not a tad better, than the season 1 set. Disc 1 includes an audio commentary by two LAPD officers, one of whom began his career in 1968, and they point out both the accuracies and inaccurcies of the episode. Shout! also received a fan-assist in the way of two series promos from collector Matt Swintek. The color of the promos has faded to pink and sepia but at least they are included; it's obvious that Universal only provided the prints and had no involvement in the extras. Since each disc has just 6 or 7 episodes, I experienced no compression issues during the first three episodes. Fans of the series are likely to be very happy with this release after some of the playback problems with Universal's double sided discs. Probably the only thing that Shout! could have done better on this release was somehow involving either Martin Milner and/or Kent McCord.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Bob,

Thanks for the review. I may need to pick up two copies now. ;)

BTW, how did you receive your copy early? (At least I think it's early; I thought it was being distributed the 30th.)

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Blah! neither target , best buy or short oops curcuit city did not have adam 12 season 2 :frowning: , looks like the brick and morter retailer allergery to Shouts! dvd release continues, (ironside s1 and s2 had to buy online) Oh well DDD with second day air it only 34.00 still cheaper than worst buy before sales tax :P . Oh well I have it by the weekend atleast.;)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I pre-ordered from Deep Discount; they shipped it last week and I received it a day earlier than the official release date.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Hmmnn, I'm surprised to read that. While I don't have the experience of watching the entire set, I have watched the first five episodes on disc 1 and didn't notice the ghosting issue at all. I'm watching the show on a standard 19 inch television set so, perhaps, that may be the reason why I'm not seeing this.

It's interesting to note that DVD Talk did two reviews for season 2 of Adam-12, one by Mr. Galbraith and the other by Paul Mavis and my viewing experience has been closer to what Mr. Mavis has described . . . .

"The full-screen, 1.33:1 transfers, for the most part, look quite good, although some of the prints used can look slightly pink, or faded, or a tad muddy - with the expected grain and minor scratches. However, most of the prints used here look very, very good. However, I did notice some compression issues (some shimmering and some noticeable wavering at times), along with some edge enhancement that will be much more noticeable as you step up in monitor size (after the first disc, I stepped down to a more manageable 19 inch, which improved the look significantly)."

My experience so far (and Mr. Mavis' review) suggest that this release may look better on a smaller viewing area.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Bob,

Thanks. That's great!

Enjoy your viewing.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Ive pre order from DDD (Ironside S1 and S2) and got them in the mail the thrusday before street release so if anything Bob's came late;) . Also when I did my marathon rewatch adam 12 s1 I watched on my vizio vx32l lcd but I watch in the 4:3 and it look very good, but it looked crappy when I test it in 16:9. One of the major reasons why I got a lcd is I can watch older tv series (ie WWW, MFU, Adam 12, etc...) in there native 4:3 (which they all look the best) without any worries of burn in. I think regularless of screen size if you watch Adam 12 s2 in 4:3 you'll be much happier with the view experance and if you want the true retro tv feel break out that old faded 20" color crt tv with no remote;) .

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I just got Adam-12 season two - watched a couple of the episodes - I think once again SHOUT did a better job than Universal.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I just remembered that this came out this week so I ordered a copy from DeepDiscount. Let's hope they keep the rest of the show coming!

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Just got mine today. So far it look fine on my vizio vx32l if you run it in the native 4:3 screen format. And it Got CC to I think this is first the Shout! dvd set to inclued CC, hopefully if and when they start Ironside again it will have CC too.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Just got my set and watched the first couple of episodes last night. So far very pleased. Much thanks goes to Shout! for reviving this series. CBS/Paramount- this is how you release a classic TV show! Looking forward to season 3. Oh, has anyone downloaded the ring tone yet and if so what is on it?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Picked this up and looked at the first 4 episodes. Looks really great. I am now listening to the first commentary and it is very interesting.

Shout! has done a very good job. Maybe they can work with Fox for the rest of Hill St. Blues.

Doug

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
No complaints here either.I watch all of my TV shows using one of the stretch modes on a Toshiba 42" 1080 set. It crops very little and the picture is ever so slightly distorted using it. Even so, the show looks great and I too have not noticed the "ghosting issue" - so far. I have used both a PS3 and OPPO 981 and have no problems. Hope Season 3 is not too far off! Obviously if Shout! can release a full season set for less than Paramount ( as an example ) charges for their full and 1/2 sets - with some extras - I hope they license other shows as well. Hint - Kojack for instance?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks