What's new

ADA Cinema Rhapsody Processor for Great Price!! (1 Viewer)

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
I am planning on upgrading so I'm passing along a great deal to whomever is interested. This is an ADA Cinema Rhapsody Processor at an incredible price. The current retail price is around $4700. I've had it for one year, and I purchased it directly from ADA. For any one of you who knows ADA, you know how incredible this processor is and more importantly, how it much it makes your home theater come alive.
I'm asking for $2250, plus shipping. I'm in the SF bay area, so if you're local, we can make the exchange around here and save you a little on shipping.
Comes with original box and packaging as well as a Home Theater Master SL-9000 Universal Remote.
Please post a reply or email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
All the best,
Gareth

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Also, I can email photos of the actual unit to anyone who requests it. I read Ron's post and did not want to take up space here on the forum. Below I've put down the description from ADA's website.

Regards,

Gareth

$2250

ADA Cinema Rhapsody

=================================

Features:

· 8 Stereo Analog Audio Inputs.

· 4 Coax Digital Audio Inputs.

· 3 TOS-Link Optical Inputs.

· 8 Composite Video Inputs.

· 4 Super-Video Inputs.

· 2 Low Voltage DC Triggers.

· 1 Switched AC Outlet (10A).

· Six Channel Main Output.

· Stereo Analog Record Output.

· 3 Video Main Outputs.

· 1 S-Video Main Output.

· 1 Video Record Output.

· 1 S-Video Record Output.

· 1 ADA Bus® Data I/O Port.

· Links to ADA 6.1 Surround.

· 7 Dolby Digital (AC-3) Modes.

· 4 DTS Surround Modes.

· 3 Dolby Pro Logic Modes.

· 10 Additional Modes for Film.

· 4 Custom ADA Music Modes.

· THX-Ultra Enhancements.

The Cinema Reference does not stand alone atop the world of high-end processor/preamplifiers. There stands by its side, a gem in its own class, Cinema Rhapsody. The Cinema Rhapsody features the warm, smooth sound of the Cinema Reference. While the Cinema Reference may have been out of reach for some, the Rhapsody, at half the Reference's price, is certain to attract many.

Much like the Cinema Reference, the Cinema Rhapsody incorporates eight stereo analog inputs and seven digital audio inputs (3 optical, 4 coaxial). It also includes eight composite video and four S-video inputs for connection of a powerful array of components. However, unlike the Cinema Reference, the Cinema Rhapsody does not offer RGB video switching or an AC-3 RF demodulator (required when viewing AC-3 laser discs {not to be confused with DVDs- they play just fine on the Rhapsody}). To determine how the Cinema Rhapsody will sound, simply read the reviews of the Cinema Reference. The performances are striking similar as are the number of available modes, upgradable facilities, and controlling features. The Cinema Rhapsody even offers the two low-voltage triggers, switched 10 Amp AC outlet, and ADA Bus® data port, those found on its bigger brother.

The Cinema Rhapsody is slightly smaller in size when compared to the Cinema Reference. While the Reference stands 6.5 inches tall (5.25 inches rack-mounted/3 rack spaces), the Rhapsody stands 4 inches tall (3.5 inches rack-mounted/2 rack spaces). The Rhapsody uses five knobs on its front panel to select input, record input, modes, channels (for calibration), and the master volume level. Mode indictor lamps provide a glimpse of decoding mode, THX Enhancements, digital input activity, and the presence of LFE (low frequency effects). For the discerning home theater enthusiast, who has the ear for a Cinema Reference but necessarily the budget, there is another choice. For a better picture of the Cinema Rhapsody's front panel, click on the picture below.

The Cinema Rhapsody is a delight to operate and listen to. Using ADA's auto-detection circuit, the Rhapsody will engage the correct decoding mode be it Dolby Digital, DTS, or non-digital (Pro Logic, Quad Bypass, Stereo, etc.). When playing DVDs with both a 5.1 and 2-channel language options, the Cinema Rhapsody will even indicate if the 2-channel language mix has been selected on your DVD player. This will permit you to change the language selection on the DVD, prior to listening to the entire movie in only the Dolby Pro Logic mode. For DVDs of films not encoded in 5.1, the Rhapsody takes over, engaging Dolby Pro Logic automatically. And when switching to DTS material, the Cinema Rhapsody does all the work. Best of all, as you select to view or listen to different components, the Cinema Rhapsody will automatically engage the proper mode and bass management settings. Just sit back and enjoy the show. For a closeup of the Cinema Rhapsody's rear panel, click on the picture below.

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
I have posted this auction on Audiogon as quite a few people seem interested here, but no replies unfortunately. If anyone is still interested, please email me. Thanks!!

Gareth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks