What's new

Ad-Aware (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I had Ad-Aware 5 on my system and was getting popup internet ads so I decided to run the program. It found 2 components which I promptly removed. The popups continued so I downloaded Ad-Aware 6 and ran that. It found 111 components that AAW5 missed.

What do you guys do with all these components? Do you delete or quarantine them? I am a little concerned that 111 went missed and not sure if it is safe to delete them all or not.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
If I can't tell what they are, I delete them. What are some of the objects found? Anything with a lot of duplicates?

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I always deleted them. Sometimes, for whatever reason, Ad-Aware can't delete them. When that happens, Spyboy: Search and Destroy does the trick.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Speaking of SpyBot..whenever I let it do it's thing..it deletes ALL the newsgroups I read on usenet and access to my other email.

Any suggestions?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why not quarantee them until you are certain that they are "unimportant". Nothing like accidentally deleting a file that you may need to run one of your apps.
Does it have an option to not delete cookies?
It's been a while since I've done it, but can't you list the offending files by type?

Or you could find your cookies folder and make a backup of them, then put back the ones you want (after Ad-Aware deletes them).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks