What's new

Acuvue Lenses (1 Viewer)

Chris Huber

Second Unit
I have the Acuvue 2 contact lenses now. I was reading about the Acuvue Advance and was wondering if anyone has tried them? I wondered if they could tell any differences in Lenses. Also, if you don't wear them, maybe someone in the family does and you could ask their opinion...

Thanks,
Chris

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator
I switched from the Acuvue 2 to Advance about 8 or 9 months ago. My impression is the Advance feel a million times better when new, but don't last nearly as long. Typically I could get 1-2 months out of the Acuvue 2's before my eyes started to feel gritty. The Advance start to get uncomfortable by the end of the second week. Of course, if you're one of those people that actually follow the directions and chuck them after 2 weeks, then it's a moot point anyway. That said, you can fall asleep/nap with the Advance in and your eyes will feel just fine afterwards. Overall, I find my eyes to not get nearly as tired over the course of the day or be as uncomfortable (when new) as with the Acuvue 2's. If you don't mind having to chuck your lenses every 2 or 3 weeks, I would say get them and don't look back.

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Well, I like to go about 1-2 months before I throw contacts away... So, I may stick with the 2's.

Damn these new laws... You can't just order the contacts you want, every place calls your doctor and verifies you prescription...

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Get the advance and follow the doctors recommended wearing schedule. You can't go wrong.The advance is THE best lens on the market and wearing your lenses too long is not healthy for your eyes.

Chris Huber

Second Unit
What is the deal with getting contacts? It's the law that you have to get checked up every year now? I make an order of contacts last about a year! So now, I've got to go in and get them checked again and pay that?

Can you just get the prescription and order the contacts online? They are so much cheaper that way...

How do you guys get it done?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I thought perscriptions were good for two years? That's how often my insurance company will pay for a checkup.

Last time I got a checkup, I got a years worth of lenses from my doctor for $26.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks