Acurus Act-3 upgrade/trade in to rollout in mid October

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Robertson, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

posted on the Acurus forum on the Klipsch website:

2. RichardMA

RichardMA Second Unit

What does the upgrade consist of?

3. Craig Robertson

here is info on some of what the upgrade consists of, disregard dates:

4. Craig Robertson

no news yet[​IMG]
    i couldn't find a dealer in the Portland area, so i called Aragon, they refered me to the area rep. he had the same info i have, nothing new yet. he was very personable and we talked for quite a while about the Stage One. since we were both on the road during the call, he gave me his email and asked me to send him my contact info so he could keep me informed.

5. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Gotta hand it to you, Craig.
    You've really hung in there like a trooper. I hope for you and all the other ACT-3 owners out there waiting for this long overdue upgrade that news comes quickly!
    [​IMG]

6. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Paul I mst say that you have one of the most simplistic but effective viewing rooms that I've ever seen. I am saving your images because I would like to model my approach after your room when I purchase the new HT (Oopss) I mean house.

:b

7. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Looks like we're swerving off-topic, but thank you for the kind words, Martice!

-PG

8. Craig Robertson

hey Paul,
    strange as it is, the delay has actually helped me out. my oldest is moving out Tuesday AM to go to school, the room he vacates will become a dedicated theater. i can more easily justify the trade-in to my wife as part of the move from the living room to the theater.[​IMG]
    at first i was going to settle for the upgrade to my ACT 3, primarily for financial reasons, but the long delay has worked in my favor there as well.
    glad to see you are enjoying the Anthem.[​IMG]

9. DaveLenhert

DaveLenhert Stunt Coordinator

I talked with Klipsch/Mondial Designs on friday since my ACT is getting repaired, and they noted that the upgrade/trade-up will happen "soon" but they are still shuffling paperwork and they really don't know when the red tape will be done. Alot of their reps are just as frustrated as some of the users and have gotten hounded on various BBs. Frankly I'm not holding my breath, if i had to speculate, it will be the first of Novemeber before anything happens.

Craig-

Are you going to go for the trade-up to the Stage One instead of the upgrade?

-dbl

10. Craig Robertson

Dave,
    i intend to trade up to the Stage One.

Mondial has been saying for a loooooong time that the delay is caused by logistics. while i can understand that there could be logistical problems involved in the upgrade program where they will be receiving Act 3's in, performing the upgrade to it and shipping it back, i fail to see why they won't start the trade in program. they are already shipping Stage One's to their dealers, why can't they take my Act 3 in trade for one?

11. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Hi Craig!
    Looks like the delay has definately worked in your favor!! What a great occasion to upgrade to an incredible new pre/pro!

I hear you on the (many) delays at Mondial. Exactly why I moved on to another product. As you know, I've been watching the boards over @ Klipsch just for sport and to see how it all turns out. Jeez, why can't they roll with the trade-up program NOW?!? ...It ain't hard!! For your sake, I DO hope it all comes together soon! The trade-in/up program is a far better deal than the ACT-3 upgrade (IMO).

Cheers,
    -Paul

P.S. Yes, I'm loving the new Anthem AVM-20...a BIG step up from our beloved ACT-3! [soon to be even bigger after I finish my upgrade to v.2.0]