What's new

Acurus A250... 450 + shipping (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I bought this amp about 6 weeks ago from another forum member to see what all the hype is about separate amps etc but I simply have no place in my rack for this fine piece of equipment. It more than made a significant difference.

The Acurus A250 is rated at 250 wpc at 8 ohms into each of 2 channels. Also rated for 4 ohms but I forget how many wpc. I encourage yall to read the reviews of this great amp at audioreview.com. I noticed it runs very cool and really adds a lot of dynamics to the mains of my HT system.

This unit has some minor scratches on the top where the previous owner had something sitting on it but otherwise is in great shape. Very clean and powerful and I have enjoyed the extra power that went to the JBL L100 mains. I just refuse to mount it outside my entertainment system.
450 + shipping from 38006.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
A single 2 channel will not tell you much about seperates, just give you more power, remember garbage in garbage out. Not saying thats the case with you. It does appear that you have 1 piece to the puzzle and a fine one at that also it seems at a very good price.
If the rest of your system was up to the level of that A-250 you would know and you would build something (or buy) to keep it in.
Putting a big amp on a reciever will not tell you much, unless more power is all you need.
I am moving to Ohio next week, if you still have this piece in a couple weeks I will buy it, I don't need it but when you come across a good deal on Amps buy them, you can't have too many IMO.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
BTW you need this power if you are running those L100s full range.
You can take the cover off and rattle can it to fix the scratches. I think I would do that anyway before selling it. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks