What's new

Actors who were seriously mis-cast as villians. Who get's your vote? (1 Viewer)

AlexCremers

Second Unit
John,

Have you seen some of Ewan's other movies. I truly like him but I honestly can't say that this guy's performance is up to par in both Prequels. His portrayal of the younger Obi-Wan is downright wooden and his speech sounds forced. How can one be so relentlessly harsh on an amateur, when even pros like Ewan and Samuel L. Jackson fail to come up with the goods? I think it's safe to say that Lucas isn't an actor's director.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't want to turn this into another SW thread, we've got a couple of those already. What we have here now, is simply a difference of opinion, I DO think that 'EP I' has some very competant acting in it, and I really like Ewen as Obi Wan.

Now, enough SW already. :)

AlexCremers

Second Unit
Well, my seven-year-old son thinks Obi is great too, so he must be doing something right. But this is a thread about villains so ...

Brian.L

Supporting Actor

That's one of my all time favorite Travolta roles just because it's so ridiculous and over the top. And he gets so many great lines. I have a difficult time seeing Travolta as anything but a smug sneering a--hole now just because of that movie and Face/Off. I'd say getting Travolta to play someone we're supposed to like (Micheal, Phenomenon, Be Cool) is far more difficult.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Here's a winner...

Larry Wilcox attempting to portray an insane "Tommy Wells" in
"The Dirty Dozen: The Next Mission"

The ChiPs guy is less than convincing and is typecast. The lack of acting ability is easily seen when compared to (as an example) Sir Anthony Hopkins. Hopkins is an actor who demonstrates his versatility with his Hannibal Lecter portrayal.

Larry Wilcox is a have not.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Great idea! If he doesn't want to be Bond, he should be the one trying to kill, kind of a quasi-revenge.

How about William Atherton in Real Genius? I never bought him as a guy out to show the world what he can do with a laser, just a whiny prof who exploits students for his own personal gain.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

I feel the same way. He was hilarious in Broken Arrow with lines like "I don't see what the big deal is, I really don't" after killing someone for the first time, and "a'int it cool?". I also love when he blackmails the president in a recorded video message by threatening to set off a bomb if he doesn't get his ransom. I love how he says "if you have not [delivered the money]..." in the video, and before he finishes his sentence, it cuts to stock footage of an explosion. I bet most people don't know that Dr. Evil's message to the president with "Independence Day" stock footage in one of the Austin Powers movies was inspired by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks