Actors and not showing up for work...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Aug 2, 2001.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Well, another cast from a tv show has decided to not show up for work. The cast from Becker follows Tyne Daly and some of the cast from The West Wing from not showing up to rehearsals to get more money. I have no problem if a show is popular for a cast getting more money..When their contract is up. I love these people who renege on contracts because a show is doing good and they want more money. If the show sucks, will they take less money? Of course not. It is like the athletes who demand more money before their contract is up, because they are doing better. If they stink you know they still will be getting their full contract amount. I am sorry for ranting and I am not saying they shouldn't get more money. But, if you sign a contract. You should be abliged to honor it.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I'd love to see the network go, "Ok, screw them! The show is cancelled." Might send a message.
    Glenn

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

The danger is producers will remember these actors when signing them for future projects. If they make a habit of this type of stuff they will find it hard to get parts. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Shannon Dogherty. Who would want to hire her?
    ------------------
    These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

4. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter