What's new

Actor Robert Conrad dies at 84. (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think (albeit I'm only on the second go; haven't made much progress of late) that The Wild Wild West might indeed have been Robert Conrad's best work.
Every Friday night at 7:30 it was must watch TV for young Crawdaddy.:) CBS cancelled the show not for poor ratings, but for too much violence.:angry:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
CBS cancelled the show not for poor ratings, but for too much violence.:angry:

That, I don't understand-- why all the complaints about violence?! Surely there had to have been other things for the complainants to see on the other networks that were not so violent.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Anybody remember Conrad in "Palm Springs Weekend" (1963)? I always liked that movie from my youth.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Yes, sad news. The Wild Wild West has always been one of my all-time favorite TV shows. Robert Conrad was perfect as the smooth yet lethal James West, and the fact that he did nearly all of his own stunts really makes the series stand out. (I believe he's one of the rare actors to be inducted into the Stuntman Hall of Fame.)

Rest in peace, Mr. Conrad. Thanks for all the hours of entertainment.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
robert-conrad-hawaiian-eye-photos-7x9_1_717720653dee0124a2b1ba4889edca02.jpg

We all remember Wild Wild West but it was Hawaiian Eye where he got his start. Before that he was a milkman. Well remembered and still watched by many of us. R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks