What's new

ACTION on DVD (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator
I read sometime back on some blog or something (im not even sure where I seen it now) That this show was being spiffed up to be released on DVD sometime this year? But, that has been sometime back....has anyone else heard an update on this or anything yet? This show was awesome, Jay Mohr was really comical in it, too bad it was canceled and not given the chance to prove itself.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Yeah I heard it was coming too. I'm not sure maybe Dave or Gord know something? But it is Columbia look how long NewsRadio took to come out. Action was such a great show. I watched a few episodes the other day man this was anoather show that was cancelled before it's time.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
If this show had been on HBO (like it should have been) it would have run a few years. Too bad it was on FOX.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I saw an episode of this when I was out of the country and it aired uncensored. Agreed that this was a funny show and would have been more natural for HBO.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm glad for the fans of the show, but Sony's show choices baffle me.

No offense to Action, I never saw it so I don't know if it was good or not, but it didn't last half a season (not saying that it has anything to do with quality, look how good Firefly was) and Sony releases it, but yet long-running shows Sony owns that have large followings that fans have been begging for years for a DVD release, such as One Day At A Time, The Facts Of Life, Benson and Maude keep getting stuck in DVD limbo, when there are a lot of people who really want these shows to come out on DVD. I just find it baffling that Sony thinks that more people want to buy Ned & Stacey or both freaking seasons of That's My Mama on the same day than would want to buy the four shows I mentioned, all of which were hits and have high placings on TSOD's unreleased list.

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
I am so happy! I loved this show when it aired here!

I am also eaagerly waiting for daren Star's Grosse Pointe which i found soooo funny, any news on this?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Great news! Action was one of the rare shows that come along and you are blown away by what happens on screen. They really tried to do something different on this show, too bad the audience wasn't there for it. Even better news is that it will be uncensored. This will be the first time for me to see the unaired episodes since I missed their initial airing during Trio's Brilliant but Cancelled week.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
This came out yesterday - does anyone have any reports? I had a question on the cost. Both amazon and Deep Discount DVD show it listing for $24.95, and each has it for less. Best Buy's web site shows it selling for $25.99, which, in being higher than list, seems like a mistake. Does anyone know?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm not sure what your question is, but the title did release yesterday as I received my shipment from Amazon and it was quite a bargain at $16.99.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I received my shipment from Amazon and it was quite a bargain at $16.99.
While that is a bargain, it's an even bigger bargain now. I just placed an order at Amazon minutes ago (~11:15pm ET) for $14.99, which ended up being $14.75 after the A9 discount (with free 2-day shipping, thanks to my free trial of Amazon Prime). :emoji_thumbsup:

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Here's my report:

Watched episode 1 last night. It was hilarious. I can't believe how much swearing there is.

My wife liked it too. We just finished The Job last week, so this is a good replacement for it in our DVD rotation.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
What a treat to have this in all its unbleeped glory. :D

I've always wondered what would have happened if this had been on HBO. The cast was stellar, and so was the writing, but I think the sensibility just wasn't right for a network audience.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks