What's new

Acoustimass powered speaker 5 pin cable problem (1 Viewer)

Bob Nieuwenhuis

Auditioning
Hello people i have a problem, i have a fairly old bose acoustimass powered speaker model 2683-2 and i need to find a 5 pin cable that can connect it with my pc,
does anybody know a option for connecting it?

i uploaded the picture of the back and i need to have a cable that says audio input
43855-1_5.jpg

Bob Nieuwenhuis

Auditioning
Im not sure what you mean with the tuner/player box but i got it from my parents who didnt do anything with it anymore and the audio input cable is gone but thats why im looking for a way to make it work so i think i need to find a 5pin cable to aux output somewhere

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Do you still have the tuner/player part?That would be the silver part with the AM/ FM Tuner and you put a CD in it.If you do not have that part...the speakers are a door stop.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Unless you buy another control box on Ebay.

Is this the two cube?
Or a later one with 5 cubes?

If two...good luck finding a working control box.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sell the cubes...people out there buy them.

You might pull the amp out of the bass module and sell it on Ebay as well. Those hardly ever broke. The music center(as they are called) were the part that broke.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you try checking with Bose directly? It is entirely possible that they offer the cable still, though at that age chances are slim and I believe as schan mentioned, you probably need the actual unit that it connected to.. As mentioned, the best thing to do with old Bose is send them out to the ebay pasture where they can pull in decent amounts. My dad has an old one that is just the bass module and sats and it can be connected to any system via their proprietary harness, but it isn't a DIN style connector like that one.

mactoolz

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Bob Nieuwenhuis

I have two of these old school systems, 1 works perfectly fine. The other works good except the sub. I have the tuner/player as well as the 5 pin DIN connector for sale if you would like ( it is the audio input cable you are talking about).

I have been unable to find a new player/tuner online. The DIN 5pin connectors are 59$ from ebay but I would sell it for cheaper than that...

yacubjkc

Auditioning
Real Name
Jake
Hello, I have the exact same query as the opening post and am looking for a 5pin connector for a 2683-1. Any leads would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks