What's new

Acoustic Sound Design (1 Viewer)

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I just wanted to tell everyone about me experience with Acoustic Sound Design. I will just say what happened and you can all be the judge as to what you think.
I ordered a Yamaha RXV1400. I also ordered a pair of JBL E10's and an E35. I received an initial email saying that my order was being processed and that I would receive an email when it was shipped. The first email had an order number that I could use to track my order. They did not send an email to me stating the status of my order, but when I went to the site to check, there were notes stating that the Cherry speakers were special order and would take 4 weeks. I wondered if I would receive the receiver before the speakers, so I sent an email to the company. I asked if the receiver would be sent before the speakers or if they would be sent together. I received and email saying "sent together". I made a joke about the brevity of the email and then got ready for my 4 week wait for my speakers.
After 4 weeks I emailed to find out if the speakers arrived or if they knew when they would. I heard nothing from them and emailed them at the end of that week stating that I was not informed before ordering the speakers that there would be a wait for the Cherry color and that I had found other sites that had them in stock and if I did not hear a status update that I would go to another company. This is the responce I received.

"best bet -get it from in stock dealer
we will cancel on this end"

Mike Embers

888-224-3663

I may be expecting too much from a company that I was giving over $1,000 to, but I would expect some kind of explanation. I would like to have at least some information as to the status of my order. It almost sounds as if they knew they were not getting the speakers. They didn't say they were working with JBL to get my speakers or anything. Anyway....
I did go to another site and ordered the speakers and receiver at a better price.

I was just not very happy with the company I chose because they had a link on the HTF.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I hate to say it, but I doubt if they are an authorized JBL dealer, so they would not be going through JBL to get the cherry speakers.

I don't think you were expecting too much. If they realized a few days after you placed your order that it was impossible to get the cherry-finished speakers or the delay was going to be longer than 4-weeks, that information should have been communicated to you.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Have you you received the speakers from the other site already? Long discount can equal long wait. Acoustic Sound Design is a trans shipper. They get their stock from authorized dealers. Their site is quite clear that they're not authorized.

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys

I really don't mind waiting or that they are not an authorized dealer as long as I know I will get what I ordered eventually.

Tony,
Part of the reason is sent the recent email to them was for someone to give me a status and possibly a discount for making me wait. When they tell me just to go with another company it tells me they probably didn't even order them at all. They gave up my business very easily.

Live and learn I guess.
Next time I won't let things go so long and I will expect to hear from the company right away.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Christopher:

More likely was that they were having trouble getting them. A trans shipper has to be able to obtain the product from an authorized dealer. They need to be in the pipeline so to speak and perhaps ASD's sources either didn't have any in stock and weren't able to supply ASD with cherry. Did they charge your credit card?

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,
I didn't know exactly how a trans shipper worked, so your explination make s perfect sense.

They did not charge my credit card, and on that point they handled things very well. It did make it easier to cancel the order without any money hassles.I guess it is just the frustration of having the whole family waiting for our new receiver and speakers only to find out that at the end of the four weeks they are no closer to having them.

Thanks again

Ed_A

Stunt Coordinator
Christopher,
frustrating indeed. I really dislike it when online companies are short with my requests/questions too (and know exactly what that's like and joke about it too). It's really to their advantage to be more friendly and give more information. It makes the customer feel better that there's someone who cares on the other end handling their request. There should have been a follow up telling you the status etc. Too bad they treat customers like this...

I was considering buying some speakers from them...now I'm reconsidering.

Thanks for sharing.

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered a BIC center channel from them and I got it just fine and all but both times I talked to them they were very curt and didn't seem like they had a lot of time to spend taking my order. I never received a tracking number and when I didn't receive the speaker on the day I thought I should receive it I called and asked for a tracking number. They said email them to get it so I did. I ended up receiving the speaker the next day but I never did receive a tracking number. I'd probably order from them again though because they have the best prices hands down on the products that I'm interested in and I got it with no problems...just without awesome, friendly service. I would have ordered the speaker direct from BIC since I don't have any authorized dealers around me but every single time I called them and told them I was interested in ordering they would send me to someone's voicemail and I just don't like talking to voicemail for that kind of thing.

brad cook

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks