Acoustic Research with FNT Technology get rid of buzz?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Barteaux, Apr 10, 2002.

1. David Barteaux

David Barteaux Stunt Coordinator

Jan 6, 2001
    I see that Acoustic Research has a new surge suppressor with proprietary FNT Technology. Here is a quote from their site:
    "All activity on a neighborhood's power grid affects the quality of current entering each home. AR®'s proprietary FNT™ technology filters electrical current. This important first step purifies the electrical current of noise and interference caused by the use of other electrical equipment in the home as well as in nearby homes. AR® delivers the cleanest current possible for consistent high performance -- delivering the immediate benefit of improved audio and video quality, and the long-term advantage of extended equipment life."
    Does anyone own one of these, and does it work as claimed?
  2. Trent C

Trent C Agent

Dec 3, 2001
    I picked up one of these things (model AR-10S) for my sister. She was complaining of a buzzing coming from her TV. Now, the TV is less than 6 months old, and she had it in the shop because of the buzzing. They ended up replacing the picture tube. She got it back and said there was still a buzz but she wasn't sure if it was any better or the same (sisters, go figure! [​IMG] )
    I guess the long and short of it is that after I installed the power bar for her, there is still a buzz.
    I woudl say to buy the item from a dealer with a good return policy and ask specifically if you are not happy, make sure you can return it for all your money back.