What's new

Acoustic Research... MIA (1 Viewer)

SeanA

Second Unit
I have been waiting more than 2 months now for some AR banana plugs ordered through Amazon. I have also noticed that the AR accessory website has been "unavailable" for nearly 2 months. Anyone know if Acoustic Research is having problems or getting out of some product lines ???

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Recoton was the parent company of Acoustic Research, Advent, Jensen, Discwasher, Phase Linear, Ambico and Spikemaster. They filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. Thomson (RCA) purchased the accessories divisions of Acoustic Research, Advent, Jensen, Discwasher, Ambico, Spikemaster and Recoton brands. Audiovox purchased the audio divisions of Jensen, Acoustic Research, Advent and Phase Linear electronics brands, as well as Road Gear car audio.

Thomson is moving the entire AR cable operation to a different state, so it's almost impossible to get any product at this time, other than the 3' long ProII series. They have said that production will resume however. When, is anyone's guess. :frowning:

SeanA

Second Unit
Yes... thanks Mike.

I was really hoping to get those AR banana plugs soon. (I have a couple pair already and they are very nice, good quality plugs at a very reasonable price). Seems Amazon doesn't have a clue either about AR because I have asked several times where my order is and they keep telling me just a couple more weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks