What's new

Acoustic Research HC6 (1 Viewer)

Alex Sek

Grip
This is directed to everyone out there that owns the AR HC6 speaker package. I've decided to get these speakers, but I can't decide on which receiver to get. I've kind of narrowed it down between the Yamaha RX-V530 and Onkyo TX-SR500, but other recommendations are appreciated. I have a really tight budget. No more than $300 can be spent on the receiver. Which receiver do you use with this speaker package? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The HC6 system is making beautiful sounds in my bedroom setup, driven by a Denon 1803. Can't believe such quality can be had at such a great MSRP, and that dealers are selling this classy system at below half that.

Alex Sek

Grip
Yeah I'm probably going to get mine at JandR. The Denon 1803 is out of my price range, but thanks for the reply.

Victor Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Alex,

I would also look at the Marantz 4300 receiver ($300):
http://accessories4less.com/aless4/...SR4300&cc=&tpc=

A very good receiver which should be more than sufficient to power most of the speakers that you can obtain your price range including the AR HC6. Might not have the most features, but Marantz units are known to sound very good. Sure, at the price it is a refurbished unit, but I have heard nothing but good things about Accessories 4 Less and the Marantz is better than most in the

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks