Acoustic Research Cables

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by HowardPM, Jan 3, 2004.

1. HowardPM

HowardPM Agent

Howard
    Anyone got any good info on their cable wire? I was thinking of buying a roll of 100' at Best Buy for 26.95.

Also what type do I need, I see 18 gauge and 16 gauge.

Thanks

Howard

2. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

No good info, but I've used their speaker wire and have no complaints; I was pleased. It's just speaker wire, after all.

Get the 16g.

3. HowardPM

HowardPM Agent

Howard
    Thanks, anyways I got the 16 gauge 100 foot cables, now can anyone recommend a website to explain how to install these correctly. It came with the little gold pins connections so I'm sure I need to attach them to the wire some how, though I'm not sure how that works with the speakers since the connector is hard rather then flexible.

Thanks

Howard

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

5. HowardPM

HowardPM Agent

Howard
    Sorry a bit new with the speaker lingo. [​IMG] I have Onkyo speakers with those little press latches on them.

As for my receiver, the front 2 speakers and the center used the turning knobs to hold the wire and the 2 rear ones use the latches like the speakers.

Howard

6. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Use the little gold pins for the press latch connections, and get some banana plugs for the rest. You'll notice the turning nobs(binding posts) have holes in the center? This is for banana plugs.

Kevin