acoustic reed speakers?? 35hz from dual 3 1/2" woofers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SC Trojan, Mar 15, 2003.

1. SC Trojan

SC Trojan Agent

anyone ever hear these speakers?

http://www.digitalp.com/ap7.htm

supposedly these speakers are supposed to go to 35hz from dual 3 1/2" woofers? Too good to be true? internet mumbo jumbo? any comments/suggestions/advice appreciated!

2. RichardHOS

RichardHOS Second Unit

If they are just 3.5" drivers in a small, plain, flat-rectangular enclosure... why in the hell are they $1200/pr?

3. Chris Trostle

Chris Trostle Auditioning

Sounds like a BS thing to me. You'd be hard-pressed to get a driver that small to push THAT much air to play even half that low.

4. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

Ever look at the tiny woofers in that Bose bass module. They are like 4" in diameter. It's amazing that they get bass out of it! Not sure if it reaches 35Hz at any usuable level though.

5. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

Bose features 5.25" woofers in all there bass modules, and comparing anything to Bose is like saying a yugo is a good car. At any rate if you actually read a little more into the theorys and technology they're using it makes sense and they've got a Scanned Review from Stereo Review on there speakers that seems to back them up. I would not say whether they are worth the money without listenting to them but I would say dont knock something because you dont think it can work when you dont understand the full physics of the design.