What's new

Acoustic Guitar Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
It's not the tobacco that's addictive, it's the "cool, yet sophisticated" image conveyed by smoking that makes it so hard to give up.
You obviously haven't been to a bingo hall in a retirement home in FLA. :) It's definitely the nicotine thats got me.
Good advice on the cheap guitar though. As long as what you by has a straight neck and correctly set up action, it will not limit your technique. I'll have to check out that Gibson, I've been looking for a jumbo!

Joe D

Supporting Actor
While guitar playing to some is addicting, a lot of people buy an instrument and play it for a few months, and then quit playing. You also don't know what you want to play, you might love hearing the acoustic sound on albums, but you can't stand playing it, so you're stuck with an expensive instrument that sounds good for classical music, but sucks for rock. Same thing with electric guitars, the great distortion pickups don't sound that great when played clean.

So I would also recommend buying a cheap guitar that is decent but not great. This way you can learn to play on a cheap guitar, find out all the mistakes that can occur, like bumping the guitar on something, which is bound to happen right away. I believe Fender makes a cheap acoustic that is good for beginning.

It's like a car, is it resonable to learn how to drive in a new car, probably not to most people, guitar playing is the same way.

But, don't get a guitar that isn't playable, since playing wouldn't be any fun then.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'll go further than that: My Seagull looks like total fuck. SOmebody who owned it previous to my brother who sold it to me played it SUPER HARD with a heavy pick or something. It looks friggin' AWFUL.
Plays & Sounds great, though.
If your looking to save a little money I would recommend "Art & Lutherie". They are owned by the same company that owns Seagull. They are a little company in a small town in Canada where most of the population has a hand in building the guitars.
Yup, sounds like Godin. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks