What's new

Acoustic Curtains for covering windows (1 Viewer)

WaltS

Agent
Real Name
Walter Short
I have 2 large floor to ceiling windows on the back wall behind my display and speakers. I am looking for curtains that will reduce sound through the windows as well as reduce reflections from the glass. Standard searches result in numerous choices of curtains but I was hoping someone here has bought some and could recommend a manufacturer or retailer.

Josh~H

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Walt -

I wouldn't worry about seeking out a specialized manufacturer of acoustic materials for your curtains -- that would likely be very expensive. Instead, just find a nice thick curtain that looks good with your decor. A thick, breathable fabric (like many plush draperies) should be sufficient to absorb some sound, and the dead air between the curtain and the glass will also help. I think just about any curtain will be a big improvement over the bare glass. Glass is one of the most reflective surfaces possible for higher frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks