Acoustech Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by AhsanR, Oct 28, 2004.

1. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,

Listening to Klipsch references on many different occasions I came accross the Acoustech Speaker line. For 699.99 at Costco, one can get a full system with a sub. I was wondering what anyone here's thoughts on this speaker was, because a professional review claims they are better than the RB-35s... here is the link:

http://www.audaud.com/audaud/MAR04/component/comp1.html

I haven't heard this speaker personally, but it sounds really exciting..... any impressions?

(BTW, I posted this at the Klipsch forum for kicks, and you can imagine the turmoil its caused :b )

2. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator

No one has heard of these?

3. JeremiahH

JeremiahH Auditioning

I have not only heard of these, but I have them. They are incredible speakers and I feel they are the best bang for your buck speaker set out there. I am quite surprised that there is not more of a buzz about them. I think the main reason there isn't is because they are sold out at most Costcos and word is that BIC is not selling them for that same price ($699 for the 5.1 set), which they were doing a little while ago.

If you can find these speakers at a Costco, grab them as fast as you can. I think that anyone who did so would be very pleased, and if not there is always Costco's awesome return policy.

The following are a few links where you can find more info on these speakers if interested. (Turns out I can't post links yet, so replace the _ with . below to find more info)

www_hometheaterspot_com/htsthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/643919

I would love to hear other opinions, thoughts, and reviews or these speakers as well.

4. ClintS

ClintS Stunt Coordinator

I also own a set of the Acoustech's and have been VERY happy with them. I'm sure there are better speakers out there but not at this price. These things easily outclass anything close in price IMO.

5. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator

The claims made in the review state that the speaker is BETTER than the RB35...... anyone care to comment on that?

BTW- the sub itself is supposed to be made by DR. HSU, so guys who own it, how is that LFE both musically and HT wise?

6. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator

https://www.costco.com/CustomerServ...s.aspx?secure=1

Apparently Costco does NOT carry these speakers anymore. The closest competitors sell the package for 1199 per package!!

Go here to Request Costco carry these speakers! I'm sure if enough HT enthusiasts shoot them some emails, they are bound to bring them back. 1199 is just ludicrous for what Costco was offering earlier for 699!

7. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator

bump.

8. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

gee, what a jackass.

and why the bump? you have 4 of the 6 replies to your own post. troll.

"imitation is the most sincere form of flattery"

9. Vital

Vital Extra

I can get these speakers for you at a very cheap price. Send your payments to: [email protected]

10. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator

Well I wouldn't say these speakers suck unless you've heard them. All the reviews are glowing about them, and I think for 700 dollars, there is no other speaker that can match performance.

11. jephdood

jephdood Stunt Coordinator

ALL the reviews? You mean that ONE? [​IMG]

For $699 they might be a decent solution for some folks. I've not heard them, but I can hardly envision cheap knock-offs (don't jump on me--that's essentially what they are) surpassing the original Klipsch reference line.

And for $1199 (if that's what they're really priced at now), I'd MUCH rather build a 2nd hand genuine Klipsch Reference setup.

There's no substitution for the original.

12. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator