What's new

Ack! Please help me identify this old movie... (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
I can't remember where or when I watched this. I think I was drunk at the time. Anyway, I only saw the first few minutes of it. It was a black and white movie probably dated in the 40s or 50s.

The movie starts with an older gentleman walking through a small town. He walks to the local newspaper office and places an ad for the afternoon edition of the paper. Later, he purchases a copy of that paper and walks to a certain house. He shows them his ad which states that a room is for rent at that house.

The lady of the house knows nothing about the ad of course and is a bit flustered. She relents and lets him come in where he joins the family for dinner.

The teenage daughter gets into a heated discussion with her mother about going on a date with a guy she likes. Her mother insists she should date the rich kid of the neighborhood even though the daughter doesn't like him.

About this time I either (1. Lost consciousness or 2. Left to go do something else).

Anybody recognize this movie?

TIA,

StephenA

Screenwriter
I don't think it's A Murder of Crows. I've seen A Murder of Crows, and that sounds nothing like it. Of course I don't remember the beginning of the movie, so I could be wrong. But anyways, I have no idea what this could be.

Paul W

Second Unit
Nope. Nothing so recent. I totally forgot to point out that this was an older black and white movie. (post edited above).

Users who are viewing this thread