What's new

Aci Force Or Titan (1 Viewer)

Arron H

Second Unit
I'm hoping that those familiar with both the Force and Titan can comment on the major differences between these 2 subs. Is it simply output or is the Titan better sounding than the Force? Are these subs magnetically shielded? I am currently using the following components

B&W N805s - fronts
B&W HTM2 - Center
B&W 601s - surrounds
Rotel 1066 - brain
Rotel RMB1075 - brawn
Toshiba SD5700 - DVD player
Adire Rava - sub
Room dimension 16x14x8 connected to a 9x12x8 dining room.
Listening habits - 50/50 music to HT

Will both the Force or Titan be a huge upgrade over the Rava? Does anyone know the dimensions for the Titan? I really like the dimensions listed for the Force. Looks like I could place it just about anywhere in my living room.

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron:

Go directly to www.hometheatersound.com for John Poti's very comprehensive (and just published) review of the ACI Force sub. Click the highlighted Titan word to go to his previously reviewed article on the Titan.

Answers to most of your questions are there.

Hope this helps.

JaimeB

Arron H

Second Unit
Jaime, thanks for the info. Based on the reviews, both appear to be very close mucically but the Titan sounds like it has a strong edge over the Force for HT. The reviewer really went out of his way to emphasize the loudness and believability of the HT bass of the Titan but was not quite as strong when describing the Force. Is there anyone out there who has done a side by side of the 2? Can the Force hang with the Titan for HT?

Steve_D

Second Unit
Just by sheer physics, the Titan should hold an edge over its smaller brother. That "personality card" inserted is surely some type of equalization to make the smaller sub make up for its lack of internal space in comparison to the Titan.

I would think the reason to choose the Force over the Titan would be for $$ or aesthetic reasons. I highly recommend you contact Mike at ACI for his opinion. He's always tried to be as objective as possible with his answers when I had specific questions.

Arron H

Second Unit
Both look nice but the Force would work anywhere in the room. I have had trouble with the Rava - very hard to fit even an 18" cube into my living room. Price is also a factor.

Alex F.

Second Unit
About two months ago I telephoned ACI to ask whether their subs are magnetically shielded. The answer was that they are not.

Arron H

Second Unit
Thanks, Alex, that's too bad. I was really hoping to try the Force up front and fairly close to the TV. As Steve suggested, I will contact Mike to ask some more questions about the do's and don'ts of placement for the Force.

David*RT

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Force.

Based on all the research I have done and based on myself asking that very same question, the only difference is that the Force doesn't go as loud. Loudness differences are tremendously minimal and not worth the extra $$$ unless you are extremely anal about this stuff, like the Titan design better or or are have a hearing loss where 2 or 3 db will do it for ya. No joke, there's some bass guys so deaf that 1 or 2 db can make a difference for them. :rolleyes:

Aside from this, the sonic signature that make all things great in the Titan is preserved in the Force.

Remember, these make great subs for music first and HT second. The performance is so damn exceptional in HT though, that you don't need anything else.

However, if you are an SPL maniac and want to crack the foundation of your house when watching a DVD and your neighbors or significant other won't mind (she most likely will as this extremely loud bass thing is strictly a "guy thing"), then get an SVS sub (less musical than the Force though). Not to knock on SVS, but those tubes are so damn FUGLY that they would never pass muster with my German wife who has very refined aesthetic tastes. In this regard, the Force is so little that it's much easier to hide from her probing eye. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks