Achieve Dolby Digital

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Eric Tereo, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Eric Tereo

Eric Tereo Auditioning

Hello, I'm fairly new to the home audio but watch alot of dvds and play ALOT of games. I am VERY interested in upgrading from regular speakers to Achieving Dolby Digital Quality. I was wondering what it would take to achieve that quality. My DVD player says Doldby Digital, My reciever says Dolby Digital, have speakers around the living room with a subwoofer and was wondering how do I aquire it. Do I have the set-up already or do I need to get more components to gain Digital Quality. Thanks.

2. Brad E

Brad E Second Unit

All you need is an optical or digital coax cable from your dvd to the receiver.
    You'll have to go into the dvd player menu and turn on Dolby Digital and DTS.
    Dvd's are flagged and your reciever should automatically change to whatever format you are playing. If not select it manually.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Speakers have nothing to do with what they are fed, they are 'stupid' devices. The receiver needs to be DD or DTS capable, that's what feeds the speakers.

that being said, the Qquality of the speakers has the biggest impact on sound along with the room.