HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew

Acer's Latest Compact 4K Projectors Launched in US Market
Acer-V6810-Left-Angle-Light-1024x671.jpg

Acer America has announced that its latest 4K UHD projectors are now available in the United States. Both sporting 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) resolution, the new models include the Acer V6810, one of the smallest and lightest 4K UHD projectors available, and the Acer V6820i, which supports voice control via Amazon Alexa.

“It’s a priority at Acer to bring our customers innovative products that simplify and enhance their daily lives,” said Ronald Lau, Acer America director – stationary products. “Our newest projectors show our dedication to this goal by offering the convenience of a very compact design and support for hands-free operation.”

The Acer V6810 measures 13.5 x 10.2 x 4.9 inches and weighs just 8.82 lbs., making it one of the smallest and lightest 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) projectors available today, according to the company. It delivers 2,200 lumens of brightness, while leveraging an RGBRGB color wheel and Acer homespun ColorPurity tech. It also includes a built-in 10W speaker, while two HDMI ports, RGB/Component Video and PC Audio define rear panel connectivity.

Using an optional wireless adapter, the V6810 will also access the Internet and Cloud storage as well as project content, including photos, documents, movies and videos from smart devices.

The V6820i can be controlled using voice commands, after enabling the Acer Projector Smart Home skill on an electronic device like the Echo or compatible Acer PC. The projector boasts integrated wireless connectivity and a bright 2,400 lumens, and HDMI 3D delivers the thrill of immersive 3D video using a PC, laptop or BD player and DLP Link 3D glasses.

The AcuMotion frame interpolation system should eliminate motion blur in fast-moving scenes, making the Acer V6820i 'ideal' for watching sports and action movies. There is a USB port included meaning users will be able to access multimedia content including photos and Microsoft Office documents, directly from USB drives, as well as two HDMI 2.0 ports. In the case of the V6820i, audio is provided by two 5W speakers and the projector can be operated in a 'silent mode' (19dBA), to promote low-level soundstage information or 'whispers' to be heard more easily.
Acer20V6820i20Back_preview.jpeg.jpg
Acer V6820i Rear View (above)

Both Projectors are Rec. 2020 compatible and are claimed to deliver a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, while also able to 'translate' Rec. 2020 language directly into Rec.709, the hi-def standard colour space adopted for TV. Both projectors also include a top-loading lamp replacement design, facilitating easier lamp removal for ceiling-mounted units, and a 'Extreme ECO' mode should ensure up to 15,000 hours of lamp life.

The Acer V6810 and the Acer V6820i are available at online retailers for $1,399.99 (MSRP) and $1,499.99 (MSRP), respectively. Both come with a limited one-year parts and labor warranty. Let us know in the comments below if you have your eye on one of these new 4K beamers this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks