What's new

Ace In The Hole restoration - DVD Release on 07-17-07 See Post #66 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
The month of release for each title is listed on the main "Coming Soon" page. Criterion doesn't post specific dates until just before the release, but I'm sure that your favorite online retailer will have the specific date soon.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Thanks Robert.

I can now officially start counting the days. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas now!! :)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I've been waiting years for this one! Can't wait. Hope they treat us to nice packaging rather than a straight keepcase.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I was wondering the same. The cover art is not very Criterion-esqe. I like it, but it does not fit the usual style for Criterion keep-case releases. I wonder if this is going to be some sort of foldout (although Criterion only uses those for multi-disc sets)?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Great news, I know that Spike Lee was going to remake this film at one point, and I was originally sorry to see that there was no content with Kirk Douglas included. I've never heard Kirk speak specifically about this film, so hopefully he does so in this interview.

Also, it appears by the MSRP and several online retailers that this will be a 2-disc set. I have not seen anything definitive, but when Criterion's MSRP is $39.95 that usually means 2 discs.

I should put in for my vacation day today!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks