What's new

Accurian Amp Stuck In Protect Mode (1 Viewer)

ferrari_john56

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I have an Accurian ASR-5046 Home Theater Amp one night i tried hooking up LEDs to it (im not an electrical engineer) but i did something wrong to the point when where i touched the wires the circuit breaker in my room tripped after trying to turn it back on it would make my speakers freak out for a second then go into protect mode it still turns on but never more then a couple seconds im thinking a fuse maybe?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Did you try disconnecting the speakers from the amp? Will it turn on then?

I had an amp that would turn on and immediately throw its internal circuit breaker. That was caused by blown transistors in the output stage.

ferrari_john56

Auditioning
Real Name
John
With the speakers unplugged it does the same thing turns on for a couple seconds then goes into protect mode and shuts off where can I find the transistors

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
An amp is an amp - Your amp's layout will be different but the parts are pretty much the same.

I had a car amp that was blown and the transistors needed to be de-soldered from the main board and replaced with the same or equivalent models. There are videos on how to do this as well. You can even watch the car audio ones for this because the process is the same. What I noticed is that each chip that needed to be replaced was cracked open. It was easy to see with a magnifying glass and a good light.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You will look for a bunch of 3 prong transistors connected to a heat sink. There are some videos on how to test them. If I remember, you check the right and left prong. If you have resistance in the 1000+ ohms level, it works. If you have no resistance or around 3 or 4 ohms, it's shorted out and needs to be replaced. Or, I could have my values backwards. I've only done this once and followed a You Tube video to figure it out.

Transistor_y_disipador.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks