According to Mediaweek Stargate Atlantis a Go

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Matt Stone, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Great news, if true. I was getting worried that Atlantis would fade out of existance like the "planned" theatrical SG1 movie.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/h...ent_id=2033166

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Is this the animated series based on Stargate in the future? If so, I'm not enthused. The one episode I saw was a mediocre Saturday morning cartoon.

If this is a new live-action series to follow Stargate:SG1, that might be very interesting.

3. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

4. JohnMR

JohnMR Agent

Found this on www.jessicasteen.com

Stargate Atlantis a Go, Jessica is not. [1:30 AM ET]

Typically, I wouldn't make a news posting about Jessica NOT getting a particular acting job for obvious reasons. However, since I have been reporting about her involvement in Stargate SG-1 and that her character would probably go on to the new spinoff series, I feel I must. For whatever reason, "the powers that be" have decided not to go with Jessica on Stargate Atlantis. We don't know the reason why. This is very disappointing news, but that is pretty much all there is to say. I assume Jessica still appears in the last 2 Stargate SG-1 season 7 (which is also the "pilot" for Stagate: Atlantis). In any case, it is their loss.

5. David Williams

6. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I'm resurrecting this.

I saw the new TV Commerical for "Stargate: Atlantis" the other day. Looks like July 16th is the big day. I'm happy that Stargate SG-1 will be back for an 8th run. These two shows will have me locked in solid Friday nights.

I was hoping that they wouldn't use actors like those from "VIP" where everyone is hunky and gorgeous and they didn't. And I was hoping that the show wouldn't become to serious in itself and it won't. Joe Flanigan (Maj John Sheppard) before accepting the role was adamant about keeping the character self-depracating which is really how the show is.

I am excited but reserved. Hopefully the show will do much better than "Enterprise" (which I like but don't find as engrossing as it should be).

7. David Williams

8. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

Whoa! I didn't know that was going to happen. Hopefully SG-1 won't get to serious because of it. I really enjoy Richard Dean Anderson's brand of subdued humor and wit. Actually I like all of the characters humor and wit. It keeps the show funny and poignant.