What's new

According to Mediaweek Stargate Atlantis a Go (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great news, if true. I was getting worried that Atlantis would fade out of existance like the "planned" theatrical SG1 movie.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/h...ent_id=2033166

Sci Fi Channel Extends 'Stargate' Franchise

By Megan Larson

NOVEMBER 20, 2003 -

Sci Fi Channel is partnering with MGM Television Entertainment to produce Stargate Atlantis, the latest series in the Stargate franchise. Production on 20 one-hour episodes will begin next summer when season eight of Stargate SG-1 launches on Sci Fi.

The new series follows the discovery of a hidden base left by the original Stargate crew beneath the mythical city of Atlantis. By way of the secret base, the new Stargate team discover a new and distant galaxy.

The series will kick off next year with a two-hour movie.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is this the animated series based on Stargate in the future? If so, I'm not enthused. The one episode I saw was a mediocre Saturday morning cartoon.

If this is a new live-action series to follow Stargate:SG1, that might be very interesting.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Is this the animated series based on Stargate in the future? If so, I'm not enthused. The one episode I saw was a mediocre Saturday morning cartoon.
No, that is/was the mercifully canceled Stargate: Infinity. The new show, Stargate: Atlantis, is a live-action show. From the press release: "A secret base left by the originators of the Stargate is discovered in the most unlikely of places -- on Earth, buried among the ruins of the legendary city of Atlantis. The implications of this amazing discovery lead the Atlantis team to a distant galaxy where a primitive human civilization is threatened by a sinister new enemy."

JohnMR

Agent
Found this on www.jessicasteen.com

Stargate Atlantis a Go, Jessica is not. [1:30 AM ET]

Typically, I wouldn't make a news posting about Jessica NOT getting a particular acting job for obvious reasons. However, since I have been reporting about her involvement in Stargate SG-1 and that her character would probably go on to the new spinoff series, I feel I must. For whatever reason, "the powers that be" have decided not to go with Jessica on Stargate Atlantis. We don't know the reason why. This is very disappointing news, but that is pretty much all there is to say. I assume Jessica still appears in the last 2 Stargate SG-1 season 7 (which is also the "pilot" for Stagate: Atlantis). In any case, it is their loss.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I'm resurrecting this.

I saw the new TV Commerical for "Stargate: Atlantis" the other day. Looks like July 16th is the big day. I'm happy that Stargate SG-1 will be back for an 8th run. These two shows will have me locked in solid Friday nights.

I was hoping that they wouldn't use actors like those from "VIP" where everyone is hunky and gorgeous and they didn't. And I was hoping that the show wouldn't become to serious in itself and it won't. Joe Flanigan (Maj John Sheppard) before accepting the role was adamant about keeping the character self-depracating which is really how the show is.

I am excited but reserved. Hopefully the show will do much better than "Enterprise" (which I like but don't find as engrossing as it should be).

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Whoa! I didn't know that was going to happen. Hopefully SG-1 won't get to serious because of it. I really enjoy Richard Dean Anderson's brand of subdued humor and wit. Actually I like all of the characters humor and wit. It keeps the show funny and poignant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks