According to dvdfile The Life Aquatic is due May 10 in both 2 and 1 disc versions

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Benson R, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...005/02_28.html

According to dvdfile there will be both a Criterion 2 disc version and a single disc version.

I hope they let Criterion do the transfer on this as I have not bought a disney release with a decent transfer in the last 2 years.

Whats odd though is according to dvdfile there is only going to be a 3 dollar price difference between the editions. I think that is great but am a little perplexed. I dont mean they should articially pump up the price of the Criterion, but if you are going to have a barebones edition they should price it at a bargain level.

On a side note, is there any chance of a new special edition of Bottle Rocket to capitalize on this release?

2. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

Criterion is doing both editions

3. WillG

WillG Producer

Well from what I read, the one disc is not going to be bare bones, it will have the commentary track and I think a few other things. I believe that it will come out as a pretty passable one disc release (extras wise) at a standard price point. I think making the 2-Disc Criterion only $3.00 more expensive than the 1-disc is a good example to other studios that are charging a much higher premium on a two disc set over a one disc set.