What's new

According to dvdfile The Life Aquatic is due May 10 in both 2 and 1 disc versions (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...005/02_28.html

According to dvdfile there will be both a Criterion 2 disc version and a single disc version.

I hope they let Criterion do the transfer on this as I have not bought a disney release with a decent transfer in the last 2 years.

Whats odd though is according to dvdfile there is only going to be a 3 dollar price difference between the editions. I think that is great but am a little perplexed. I dont mean they should articially pump up the price of the Criterion, but if you are going to have a barebones edition they should price it at a bargain level.

On a side note, is there any chance of a new special edition of Bottle Rocket to capitalize on this release?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well from what I read, the one disc is not going to be bare bones, it will have the commentary track and I think a few other things. I believe that it will come out as a pretty passable one disc release (extras wise) at a standard price point. I think making the 2-Disc Criterion only $3.00 more expensive than the 1-disc is a good example to other studios that are charging a much higher premium on a two disc set over a one disc set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks