According to Best Buy and Borders, the Omega Man DVD doesn't exist.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by William Miller, Aug 5, 2003.

1. William Miller

William Miller Stunt Coordinator

My local Borders and Best Buy stores got in all of the new Warner Horror/SF titles today except for The Omega Man.

I asked the clerk at Best Buy to look in their computer to see if it came in and it showed that it will be released on December 31st, 2010. I told him that I would be back in 7 1/2 years and could he please hold one for me when it comes in.

I asked the clerk at Borders to look in their computer to see if it came in and he said that it isn't even in their database.

What is going on with this one? Did anybody get it today? Maybe it's a problem reverting back to it's original scheduled release a few years ago and some retailers didn't order the new one because they probably had the original listed as "on order". Just a theory.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I have the dvd which I bought from an on-line retailer.

3. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Welol they probably stock "The Omega Code"! [​IMG]

4. Edwin_M

Edwin_M Agent

I was browsing in Circuit City today and they had a couple of copies of it. You could give them a try.

5. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

My BB didn't have Omega, Soylent, S. Troopers SB or Halloween. I DID get Haunting, Thing and casablanca though... They had 1 copy of The Haunting, wasn't even in their circular... At least The thing was....

6. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Hey, I pre-ordered ALL those you mentioned from amazon.ca, and they all shipped today. Plus Valley Girl and Sure Thing. So yes, Omega Man exists.

7. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

I got one of the 2 copies of Soylent Green at BB. I then went down to DVD Planet and they had many copies of The Omega Man and Soylent Green. It felt like X-mas today! The transfer on The Omega Man DVD is amazing compared to my old VHS. It was like a new movie!

8. Tony Richards

I went to my local Suncoast yesterday morning to get some new releases. I picked up The Omega Man, House of Wax and Rocky & Bullwinkle. But, when I asked about The Haunting, the helpful salesperson said they didn't know whether or not it was out yet or not and when he turned to his very indignant manager on duty, she was shaking her head and saying "not out for two more weeks"...I then asked about Soylent Green....he turned to her...she shakes her head again..."delayed....two more weeks". I came home and ordered from an online retailer, hopefully, I'll have for this weekend's watching. Too bad...customer service is still a cornerstone of every successful business...especially one where you are dealing with customers who are VERY knowledgeable and passionate about the product and who have to generate a lot fo disposable income in order to spend in your business.

Ok....off the soapbox....

9. Grady Reid

Grady Reid Stunt Coordinator

Grady
    Had the same problem at one of the BB's here...

INT. DAY- LOCAL BEST BUY IN CINCINNATI
    ME: Did you get "The Omega Man" in today?
    BB: Oh- that christian movie?
    ME: No, that's "The Omega Code." "Omega Man"- Chuck Heston
    (he looks in the computer)
    BB: Nope. Shows here its been discontinued until 12/31/03.
    ME: It came out today.
    BB: They must have postponed it.

Ended up going to down the road to Circuit City. They had a copy.

10. Scott David

Scott David Stunt Coordinator

My local BB here in Georgia said they had copies of "Soylent Green" (and, I assume, "The Omega Man") sitting in their back room...but their computer showed that it wasn't supposed to be released until Aug. 26. And I was just at the Circuit City up the road, where they had both on their shelves! Madness. Oh well; I did pick up "Valley Girl" (GREAT disc), "Casablanca", "The Haunting", and "Inn of the Sixth Happiness" at BB...so I guess they'll tide me over until "the 26th". [​IMG]

11. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Best Buy here didn't have any of the new horror movies except The Thing (which I think was featured in the ad circular this week). So online shopping it is!

12. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I picked up both Soylent Green and The Omega Man at Circuit City.

13. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Yea...very wierd. I found one, of all places, Circuit City. It just BLEW my mind!

14. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

15. Tony Richards

Well...at least I have The Omega Man....I'm saving it for late Friday night viewing, that's when it used to come tv when I was growing up...now if we could just get Genesis 2 with Alex Cord.....

16. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    My search for this week's 8/5 releases went from Best Buy (Inn of the Sixth Happiness, Starship Troopers SB, The Thing, Casablanca) to Circuit City (Soylent Green, The Sure Thing) to Barnes & Noble (The Haunting). It wasn't much fun playing onesies-twosies at three different retailers, and none of them had The Omega Man. The clerk at Barnes & Noble, always my last resort due to their high prices, told me that they "couldn't get it into their computers for some reason". Their database showed it had already been released on DVD in March of 2000 [​IMG] and she offered to order "the original one" for me, insisting that this week's issue was "just a rerelease". I couldn't convince her otherwise - "Um, it's in the *computer*, sir..." [​IMG] Anyway, I ended up ordering it from DVD Planet for ~$16 shipped. At least I have all of Chuck's grimacing in Soylent Green to hold me over until it arrives.

17. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

18. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

My local Best Buy said they didn't get either title yet, but probably come in soon. Oh well, I just pick up Casblanca and Splinter Cell for the XBox.