What's new

Accidental Spy Butchery Official Severity (It's bad people) (1 Viewer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I'm pretty sure the version of 'Hard Boiled' that I saw in the theater before it was released on even laserdisc was indeed rated 'R'.
IMDB claims that it received an R at some point, but Hard Boiled (or "Hard-Boiled" or anything else I tried) is nowhere to be found in the Link Removed. The Killer, however, got an X in 1990 and a re-cut version got an R in 1992.
DJ

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I think another reason many people aren't up in arms about this is because they don't even know. For somebody who isn't an avid Hong Kong but has seen a few of the more popular films and is looking for more, they have no idea that the R1 DVD's are such hatchet-jobs. What I don't get is how they can do this and get away with not bothering with the "This Film Has Been Modified..." disclaimer.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
Isn't there multiple Hong Kong releases of The Accidental Spy? Which one is the best?

Once again, Disney has forced me to spend my money on product which is not theirs. In fact I think that the last Disney/HK film DVD I purchased was "Twin Warriors" (spit), aka: Tai-Chi Master. After that farce of a DVD, I was done with Disney and their crap DVDs.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Jason -
I only know of the Universe version of ACCIDENTAL SPY. It is DTS and available at dddhouse.com.

Oddly enough, Tai Chi Master can still be purchased at domestic e-tailers. Apparently Miramax doesn't even know what the original title of TWIN WARRIORS is so it is not on their "do not sell" list.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks