What's new

AC Triggers (1 Viewer)

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
I am considering purchasing a 5 channel power amp with ac trigger functionality however, the receiver I wish to connect it to does not have ac trigger outputs. Is there a way around this for example could I use a spare RCA out for the same effect or is this a big no no?

GordonL

Supporting Actor
If the receiver has a switched AC outlet, just go to RadioShack and get a 12volt power supply transformer. Plug it into the switched outlet and viola! you have a 12 volt switch! You might have to cut the tip of the transformer off or switch the tip to fit the trigger on your amp.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Aren't they 12v DC triggers??? I don't recall any triggers that run on AC, my Parasound amps are +12vDC current at least, but of course, I could be mistaken.

Jay

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Gordon's right rat shack does carry the 12v adapters. I use this one. It's 12v AC that converts to DC. They also sell adaptaplugs so you can use the same end the amps trigger is looking for. Check it out. It works great.
Oh yeah, if you use the adaptaplugs and the amp doesn't turn off and on you have the pos and neg reversed. The the adaptaplugs aren't maked for pos and neg.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=273%2D1672
I should also mention that I found this out thanks to many member of this forum. When I was trying to solve the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks