What's new

Abyss on Encore (1 Viewer)

wally

Second Unit
Caught the last few minutes of “The Abyss” (long version) last night on Encore. Looks like they broadcast it in widescreen. I wonder if they put up a disclaimer at the start like HBO with “The Sopranos” or if cable companies received complaint calls that the picture had “black bars” on top and bottom?
------------------

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Wally, this should really be in the "TV" section. The "Home Theater Software" section is only for discussion of DVD's, LD's, VHS, Beta etc...
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

wally

Second Unit
I posted it more as an OAR thread and how studios release content than a TV critique.
------------------

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
i saw the abyss was on i didn't watch it of course owning the dvd but prior to the abyss was the director's series with james cameron a terrific show. i wish the dvds contained some of the interviews that are in this show.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Aryn-
Some episodes of the directors series have been released on DVD by Fox lorber, although I can't remember if the Cameron episode was one of them or not. You can occaisionally find them in local stores and online.
- Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks