What's new

About to take the step into the new era.... (1 Viewer)

Chris*J

Auditioning
I am about to purchase a new widescreen RPTV. The model I am looking at is the Mits WS-55413. My question is about making a purchase like this over the net. Has anyone had a good expirience with a particular place? Am I better off spending a little more and purchasing it from a place locally? Any advice would be greatly appreciated by this newbie.

Thanks,

cmjantz

MarcEstrada

Agent
While online retailers generally have the best prices, some manuafacturer's will not honor the warranty unless the unit was purchased from an authorized retailer. On a larger purchase such as a TV, I would be more inclined to purchase somewhere locally.

Most dealers will give you 10% off just buy asking nicely and many pricematch as long as there is a brick and mortar location, not just online only. Some places like Sears will pricematch plus give 10% of the difference.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Chris,

A 55" crt based rptv is, imho, way too subject to possible shipping damage and way to expensive to ship back if defective to even consider buying over the internet.

With the vast majority of B&M stores you have a 30 day period in which to return or exchange the set at no cost.

With an internet purchase, any problems have to be resolved by having the set repaired under the warranty, assuming the problem is a factory defect and not shipping damage, and assuming the warranty is valid because the net merchant was an authorized dealer.

Even if the 'net merchant is willing to pay return shipping, etc. you are still going to be without a set for a period of possibly weeks.

On this kind of purchase I think it's well worth paying a bit more for peace of mind.

Chris*J

Auditioning
Thanks alot guys, you all said what I have been thinking myself. Just wanted some experts second opinions. I actually found a B&M with a better price today locally and they will deliver into the house and calibrate. Agree it is well worth the extra money for the piece of mind to get it locally.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks