What's new

About to sign up for Moviepass (1 Viewer)

Rick Sanchez

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick Sanchez
Do you receive your mastercard numbers before getting your card in the mail in 2-3 weeks so you could watch movies before you get it in the mail?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
No, but your subscription clock doesn't start until the card arrives, so the time you spend waiting for the card doesn't count as part of your billing cycle.

Tigerpilot

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
Need some help...

Signed up yesterday with Costco. Then registered with the code received.
Here’s the question.
Only my wife will use this. Where EXACTLY is HER phone registered? I have a feeling I might have entered my cell number.
Thanks for any help.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What do you mean “where is her phone registered”?

She should download the movie pass app on her phone and simply follow the set up instructions.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The question is, even if the company is under new ownership, will anyone trust them anymore? The name carries such baggage with it that I'm not sure if they can get past that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The question is, even if the company is under new ownership, will anyone trust them anymore? The name carries such baggage with it that I'm not sure if they can get past that.
That's what I was thinking. I'd change the name. I don't think there's any value in the MoviePass branding.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’d do it again for $10.

I bought the previous one at Coscto and they gave me my money back when it went under.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Rebooted MoviePass feels like a scam.

It didn't work the first time and then AMC and Regal both offered their own plans.

Why in the world would anyone bother with a failed business like MP?

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Rebooted MoviePass feels like a scam.

It didn't work the first time and then AMC and Regal both offered their own plans.

Why in the world would anyone bother with a failed business like MP?
This time it is run by the original owner of the service where it actually worked for between $30 and $50 depending on your area. He then sold the service to Helios who dropped the service to $10 a month and tried to force theaters to giving them concession money.

I wouldn't rule this out yet, but I don't know all the details yet. There are places where there are both Regal and AMC and you might want to be able to use a program for both.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This time it is run by the original owner of the service where it actually worked for between $30 and $50 depending on your area. He then sold the service to Helios who dropped the service to $10 a month and tried to force theaters to giving them concession money.

I wouldn't rule this out yet, but I don't know all the details yet. There are places where there are both Regal and AMC and you might want to be able to use a program for both.

I guess. The plan always seemed like a dodgy proposition and I just find it amazing that anyone would TRUST a rebooted MP after that debacle.

But people love them a bargain! :D

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
1661236796162.png
Because we LIKE you ;)! ... M.O.U.S.E eeeee(k)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks