1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

About to purchase new TV, any last suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Eftekari, Aug 12, 2001.

1. James Eftekari

James Eftekari Auditioning

Well next week I'm moving on down to Blacksburg Virginia to start school again and I am buying a tv from the local Sears. Right now I got my mind pretty much set on the Sony 32FV27, anything important I should know about this model before I purchase it? I heard about uneven brightness problems in the older wegas but I haven't really heard much at all about this model, however the one in the store looked pretty good.

2. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

James- I've had this set for a month now and I am literally THRILLED with it. Anamorphic DVDs via the component connection look INCREDIBLE (almost like HDTV). Cable (which used to be bad) actually looks very decent now. Of course, I didn't buy the 32FV27 to watch cable. [​IMG]
    BTW, you might want to search cnet.com for the lowest price on the FV27. I found it at XtremeShopper.com for $1037 or so. Along with delivery charges (and a free stand), I got the whole thing for only $1167.97!!! Unfortunately, the free stand deal ended on July 31st [​IMG]
    I'm sure you'll be very pleased with this TV. No geometry errors and no uneven brightness problems. Looks like Sony knocked out all those problems with the new WEGA line [​IMG]

3. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

James - you must be a Hokie! Tech rules! Good luck at school.