About to pull the trigger on a Toshiba 46" 16:9 RPTV (46h83)... any last words? :)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Pete Walker, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Pete Walker

Pete Walker Agent

Hey all... I haven't had to ask any advice before, as this is my first home theater purchase. I have done a decent amount of research, and I believe I am going to go with the Toshiba 46h83. Basically, my folks and my g/f are chipping in for my birthday/christmas to give me about $800 towards this TV. I'm trying to get the best deal, so please forgive my questions, as they may seem random! Haha I do have a method to my madness.

The best price I can find is $1239, which I'm going to have Sears.com match (hopefully). That will bring the price to $1213 + tax = $1316. If anyone can find a better price, that's be just gravy.

Sears also has either a free (after MIR) delivery, or a Sony 57403 Progressive scan DVD player. I was reading that people prefer a normal (480i) input that is upscaled to 1080i, which would mean that I don't need a new dvd player. Personally, I'd rather take the free delivery, but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion?

I would also appreciate any other thoughts to offer on this TV. The free delivery expires on 11/8, so even though my b-day isn't until 11/20, I might jump at this deal. Thanks so much for your help! Take care.

2. Pete Walker

Pete Walker Agent

Just an update. I price matched it through Sears for $1279.99 + tax for a total of $1387. Now I am also getting 12 months @ 0% interest using a Sears card, and a free Sony DVD player after MIR. I am going to be making the purchase within the next day or so.

I am wondering if anyone has anything to say regarding this deal? Can I find a similar or better model for the same price? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

3. Pete Walker

Pete Walker Agent

Oh well, I guess no one felt like responding to this. I just bought it from Sears.com for $1499.99 and sent them an email to price match it down to $1279.99.

Someone mentioned that a free cleaning and calibration came with their purchase, and I am not aware of this. Does anyone know about this, and can post details? Thanks.