What's new

About to pull the trigger on a Toshiba 46" 16:9 RPTV (46h83)... any last words? :) (1 Viewer)

Pete Walker

Agent
Hey all... I haven't had to ask any advice before, as this is my first home theater purchase. I have done a decent amount of research, and I believe I am going to go with the Toshiba 46h83. Basically, my folks and my g/f are chipping in for my birthday/christmas to give me about $800 towards this TV. I'm trying to get the best deal, so please forgive my questions, as they may seem random! Haha I do have a method to my madness.

The best price I can find is $1239, which I'm going to have Sears.com match (hopefully). That will bring the price to $1213 + tax = $1316. If anyone can find a better price, that's be just gravy.

Sears also has either a free (after MIR) delivery, or a Sony 57403 Progressive scan DVD player. I was reading that people prefer a normal (480i) input that is upscaled to 1080i, which would mean that I don't need a new dvd player. Personally, I'd rather take the free delivery, but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion?

I would also appreciate any other thoughts to offer on this TV. The free delivery expires on 11/8, so even though my b-day isn't until 11/20, I might jump at this deal. Thanks so much for your help! Take care.

Pete Walker

Agent
Just an update. I price matched it through Sears for $1279.99 + tax for a total of $1387. Now I am also getting 12 months @ 0% interest using a Sears card, and a free Sony DVD player after MIR. I am going to be making the purchase within the next day or so.

I am wondering if anyone has anything to say regarding this deal? Can I find a similar or better model for the same price? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Pete Walker

Agent
Oh well, I guess no one felt like responding to this. I just bought it from Sears.com for $1499.99 and sent them an email to price match it down to $1279.99.

Someone mentioned that a free cleaning and calibration came with their purchase, and I am not aware of this. Does anyone know about this, and can post details? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks