What's new

About to get Mits 55807...worries (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
My local sears has this or one of the Mitsubishi 55 in 16:9 sets on sale. The prespect of $68 a month payments is too tempting. Reading all I have, I am now a little paranoid about getting a widescreen TV, as I play a lot of videogames too and will be watching lots of sattelite, and am very concerned about burn in. Should I be this freaked out about burn in?

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I am/was concerned about the same thing.I have read alot of things saying as long as you dont have static images on the tv for several hours at a time and your contrast is set low you should be ok
------------------
"And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Sean,
FYI: I was looking into the Mits. 46807 and found that thru the end of this month, Mits. is offering 1 year no interest, no payments and no down payment. This is thru Mits., not Sears and is a good deal.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon/

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I just had my 55807 delivered today. Haven't even seen it yet, but the wife said everything was OK, except the stupid delivery guy couldn't figure out the DVD/Reciever combo to check the component connection.
I was worried about that also, I just decided to move the video games and old TV into another room. I'll just settle on one of the stretch modes for satelite, until I can afford a new receiver and additional dish. I don't think the games are prone to burn in unless you have some type of static image, like a life meter or something that doesn't change, but the old 32" is good enough for the games. I just decided the improved movie experience was worth it.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Mitsubishi makes a really big deal about burn-in because they ship their sets out in TORCH mode! The contrast is set at 100%, so the FIRST thing you should do to your new Mits is lower that contrast down to about 25% to 30% at least until you can do a calibration with Avia or VE.
Check out
The Home Theater Spot
for more in depth info on tweaking your Mits.
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks