About to get Mits 55807...worries

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Moon, May 15, 2001.

1. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

My local sears has this or one of the Mitsubishi 55 in 16:9 sets on sale. The prespect of $68 a month payments is too tempting. Reading all I have, I am now a little paranoid about getting a widescreen TV, as I play a lot of videogames too and will be watching lots of sattelite, and am very concerned about burn in. Should I be this freaked out about burn in?

2. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
  3. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I am/was concerned about the same thing.I have read alot of things saying as long as you dont have static images on the tv for several hours at a time and your contrast is set low you should be ok
    ------------------
    "And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Sean,
    FYI: I was looking into the Mits. 46807 and found that thru the end of this month, Mits. is offering 1 year no interest, no payments and no down payment. This is thru Mits., not Sears and is a good deal.
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon/

5. ShanonS

ShanonS Stunt Coordinator

I just had my 55807 delivered today. Haven't even seen it yet, but the wife said everything was OK, except the stupid delivery guy couldn't figure out the DVD/Reciever combo to check the component connection.
    I was worried about that also, I just decided to move the video games and old TV into another room. I'll just settle on one of the stretch modes for satelite, until I can afford a new receiver and additional dish. I don't think the games are prone to burn in unless you have some type of static image, like a life meter or something that doesn't change, but the old 32" is good enough for the games. I just decided the improved movie experience was worth it.

6. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

Mitsubishi makes a really big deal about burn-in because they ship their sets out in TORCH mode! The contrast is set at 100%, so the FIRST thing you should do to your new Mits is lower that contrast down to about 25% to 30% at least until you can do a calibration with Avia or VE.
    Check out
    The Home Theater Spot
    for more in depth info on tweaking your Mits.
    rin
    ------------------
    My Home Theater