What's new

About to buy the LG OLED 77 C1 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I what way? Pitch Black was shot and processed to look very different. I know it’s dangerous to say I remember how it looked in the theater, but……I think the 4K on my OLED has got it right.
If it only looks as good as the theater something is wrong :) should be waaaay better just smaller

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The C1 models support Dolby Atmos but what does that mean? The tv will output Dolby atmos via eARC? It seems meaningless if all it does is feed the atmos to the tv speakers. Are there soundbars in which Atmos will improve the sound?

I ask because a friend is considering an upgrade to his ancient gear.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The C1 models support Dolby Atmos but what does that mean? The tv will output Dolby atmos via eARC? It seems meaningless if all it does is feed the atmos to the tv speakers. Are there soundbars in which Atmos will improve the sound?

I ask because a friend is considering an upgrade to his ancient gear.
What that means is if the built-in app supports Atmos (Vudu, Netflix) and you use ARC or eARC to your receiver or sound bar that also has Atmos, the app will play back in Atmos on supported content.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just tried to listen to the tv speakers and no dice. I checked the tv settings and I’ve got the TV set to use the tv’s speakers. Volume is up, muting is off. I’m watching ATV or xfinity cable, all coming into HDMI2 via my Denon receiver. No tv speaker sound.

I’ve only got HDMI 1 & 2 hooked up. I can’t remember what HDMI 1 is, I’ll have to investigate. When I bring up inputs on the tv, it shows Home Dashboard, Live TV, HDMI2 (from Denon), and Living Room-Media server. Home dashboard. If I select Live TV, it shows me a bunch of channels and the tv speakers are working. These look like my cable channels. I don’t have a Living Room Media Server. When I select HDMI2 which gives me either my Oppo, xfinity cable, or ATV, depending on what I’ve told the Denon to send. With HDMI2 I don’t get tv speaker sound.

What am I missing?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Sounds like your Denon isn’t passing the audio to the TV.
I had already gone through the Denon settings and didn’t find anything applicable. So I googled it assuming the Denon was the problem and found the solution. The setting is under Video/HDMI settings. It’s under Video? Also it’s a choose this or this, you can’t have both. When I chose send to TV, the tv speakers work and the HT speakers don’t.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks