What's new

About to buy f PJ and make DYI Screen... (1 Viewer)

ChrisKen

Auditioning
OK, my HT is progressing to the point where I am looking at buying a front PJ (probably Infocus 4805, maybe 5000). But first, I was wondering if someone could help me.

How high does the ceiling need to be to use a PJ? Mine is 6'6" tall. I can mount PJ about 12' away on the ceiling, is that doable for say an 75" to 85" Diag screen ?

I went thru the Infocus and other on-line calculators, none mention ceiling height though.

The infocus calculator says I can mount the 4805 10.9' to 13.1 feet away. Assuming I don't want to "zoom" the lens, where should I mount it ? 10.9' back ?

OK, can someone give me a link to "black out cloth" on Jo Anne's website ? I get like 400 hits. I hear its only 58" wide but that should be fine for a screen that is 41" in height (85" diag), right ? Meaning, I'd use the fabric's width streched over my wood screen's height, and length of fabric stretched over the width of the screen.

Should I ask the second question elsewhere ?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
joAnns link here

and if you search the site under drapery liner you get another item as well (thats avail in ivory or white...i would take the white)

i can't remember exactly what i got (its been 5 yrs now), but the link i gave you sounds very close.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks