What's new

About to be on my THIRD Onkyo 595. grrr..... (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
after a few days with my 2nd Onkyo (the first 595 arrived DOA), i'm about to have to send it back to J&R AGAIN!!
today i tried to listen to a new cd thru the headphone jack and, as it turns out, the jack is patrially in mono or something. when i plug my Sennheiser HD-580s in, i hear great sound in the right ear and almost nothing in the left. so i tried another 1/4" converter. same result. plugged the Senns into my cd player and they (and the jack) worked fine. other headphones have the same result in the Onkyo.
angry.gif
furious.gif
angry.gif
furious.gif

conclusion: i have the ABSOLUTE worst luck in the entire world. J&R needs to overnight me another one free of shipping charges to keep me happy (and send the bill to Onkyo!). we'll see what happens tomorrow when their customer service dept opens again.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
I doubt they'll send the bill to onkyo , I don't think there authorized to sell over the net and j&r's sometimes gets its product sideways(if you know what I mean)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
A quick trip to Onkyo's website will confirm that J&R are in fact an authorized Internet dealer for their products.
As for the 595, hearing about your problems reminds me that I've never tested the headphone jack on mine. Guess I should check it out. Hope the third time's a charm for you.

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Onkyo's Authorized E-tailers
and J&R is definitely in there.
quote: and j&r's sometimes gets its product sideways(if you know what I mean)[/quote]
do you know that for a fact about their Onkyo Products acquisition?
------------------------------------
The things we own end up owning us
[Edited last by John-D on August 01, 2001 at 09:27 AM]

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
update: J&R is overnighting my new 595 free of charge. :) (kinda). i'm paranoid. it'll be on the doorstep in the AM.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
could you put a dollar figure on how much this has cost you in agravation and equipment down time?most retailers would compensate for this , ask J&R they might

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i think that -combined- it has cost me the equivalent of about what is listed below. J&R owes me:
an Onkyo 989
7 of the B&W 801 speakers
2 SVS Ultras
Monster Cable all 'round
7-channel amp and pre-amp
an awesome projector and screen
Philips Pronto
Panasonic top-'o'-the-line DVD player
:) :) :)
i'd say this (in compensation for my 595 troubles) would make me satisfied that i made the right decision in purchasing from J&R.
wink.gif

sleep.gif
please dont wake me while i'm dreaming!

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Before returning it, go and spend $5 on another adapters. This is not a completely unheard of problem with cheap adapters. ie. it may work OK on one machine but not another.
------------------
Eugene Hsieh, VisorCentral FAQ Editor
1000 km on a tank of gas??? Check out the Prius and drive the future now!

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
I don't post where I work, 'cause I feel it would make people think that i'm trying to sell here...but he'd have gotten' at least $50 off from me for his agravaition

J

John Morris

but he'd have gotten' at least $50 off from me for his agravaition
Yeah, but at a typical B&M, the $499 he paid at JR would have cost him $599. So even with a $50 (most likely in the form of a store credit since I have never had a B&M give me any of my money back once they had it)refund, he probably still paid less at JR.
------------------
Take Care,
merc

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
retails for $429, and I said at least $50(maybe more) and we would give him the ability to upgrade for 4 months out (might come in handy if we later discover that all these units are flawed), also no shipping delay/costt ,etc...I just know my patience factor when I want something up and running is very low so the $380 might be too much extra for some, for me it keeps me from screaming obscenities on a fri when i'm having a party ,my friends are comming over and i'm trying to let them hear my new equipment.I went over a customers house a couple of weeks ago to help him hook-up a yamaha rxv1000 to replace one that kept shutting off in a hurry before a party...IT turned out that even though he had repeatedly checked the speaker connections it was shorting out due to someone who hung a picture(and yes nailed through in wall speaker wire).I replaced the unit anyway, I thought he might have damaged it by repeatedly throughing it into protection.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
UPDATE: i got the new one (it works fine), but here's another example of my terrible luck:
i opened my DVD package from J&R today. it was the new Die Hard Trilogy THX/DTS special edition. anyway, i open it up to find --get this-- TWO copies of Die Hard 1 and ONE copy of Die Hard 3. no Die Hard 2!!!!!!!!
OMG i have horrible luck.
angry.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks