About the Twin Peaks Season 1 DVD...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I've been reading various reviews of this and I'm very intrigued. It sounds unique. So what I'm asking is the DVD set worth it and how is the "content" of the show. I ask this because as most of you know, my age and blah blah blah. Would it be parentally approved and is the set worth it?

~Kevin

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Kevin,

The set is worth every cent. I was kept forgetting I was watching a TV show.

The content is pretty messed up for a TV show. Artisan did an excellent job, and they're selling way more sets then they expected.

Gord

3. Kevin Porter

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Well, the shows has drugs, hookers, killers and people that should be locked up.

Gord

5. Kevin Porter

But nothing too explict or graphic right? I can handle hookers (Moulin Rouge), drugs are fine like in the Royal Tenenbaums Eli's problem
    and killers are fine as long as it's not too gory. So is it too graphic?

~Kevin

6. Greg Morse

Greg Morse Stunt Coordinator

I just watched the 7 episodes today. There's nothing that got past the network censors of 12 years ago, so it's fairly tame given the adult subject matter. Nothing gory or particularly gratuitous. If it were a movie and didn't have a drug dealing plotline, it would most likely be a PG; PG-13 with the drug plotline.

7. Kevin Porter

Okay, it sounds like this may be my next purchase. Some other people want to convince me how great a value it is?

~Kevin

8. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

Just go out and get it, man.
    Sound ,which features the first ever DTS mix for a TV series, and picture are top-notch for a top-notch show. Twin Peaks was ahead of it's time and I have found it to be highly rewatchable.
    Be forewarned, the box set does not include the pilot episode which sets everything in motion. The only version of the pilot that is currently available on DVD is the infamous Hong Kong import that is put out by a company called Catalyst Logic. You can score a copy on eBay as many of us here have already. It is highly recommended that you watch the pilot before starting on the season one box set. Season One is comprised of seven (not including the two hour pilot) episodes. The second (and final) season was much longer (episodes 8-29). Word has it that Artisan will break up season two into two seperate box set releases with the last set released possibly labeled as "season three", although there was never a third season.
    There is also a feature film not available on DVD (yet...next month i think) called Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. DO NOT WATCH THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE WATCHED THE PILOT AND BOTH SEASONS OF THE TV SERIES. DOING SO WILL SPOIL IMPORTANT PLOT POINTS IN THE SERIES.
    Proper viewing order:
    Pilot
    Season One
    Season Two
    "Season Three"
    Fire Walk With Me
    I can't recommend this show enough. The fact that presentation is so stellar makes it a no brainer. But, the best thing to do would be for you to try and locate a place that might rent it. Good luck.

9. Kevin Porter

Well, I'm seeing a bunch of TP pilot DVDs on eBay.com. Should I buy it blindly?

~Kevin

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Kevin, I bought my Hong Kong pilot disc from a dealer called "NamePink", if it helps. Give it time to show up (it's coming from Hong Kong!), but otherwise a good seller. If you find NamePink and want to see my feedback for them, I'm "Web_Stowaway".
    Since we finished existing Sopranos discs, I made my wife watch Twin Peaks with me yesterday. Pilot and first 2 shows. She's hooked, and asking all kinds of questions which I just shake my head and go "uh-uh; not telling!". [​IMG]

11. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I read somewhere that Amazon is now selling copies of the pilot, if you'd rather not go through an Ebay dealer.