What's new

About the Speaker A/B (1 Viewer)

sublinux

Grip
Real Name
Bob
I got a Sony STR-DE197 and i can plug 4 speakers on it (Channel A and B).. The spec of this amplifier is 100wx2 but if i plug 4 speakers Did the 4 speakers will get 100watts(100x4) or only 50watts?(50x4)

chris.big.money

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Walter
Okay this receiver has both A and B speaker outputs, meaning the the first set of two speakers will get 100 watts per channel and the second set, when powered on, will get 100 watts per channel as well. As far as i know, you cannot have both playing at the same time (reason for A & B and not Zone 1 and Zone 2). Can anyone else support this besides myself?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
On my Yamaha RX-V995 you CAN play both A and B channels simultaneously. As far as the power output, as best as I can remember (I'm not home right this moment) the manual does not really say. It gives power ratings for min, max and dynamic output when using both channels but does not specify if that is Channel A L/R only or both channels L/R.

I cannot say the Sony will perform the same way.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
1. on the sony both a and b can be driven simultaneously.

2. the power output will be reduced as a function of driving all four speakers at once.

3. the sony power ratings are generously over rated....

4. i have 2 standard sony receivers and 1 es sony receiver.

sublinux

Grip
Real Name
Bob
Thanks for info!! Maybe over rated but very better than my old kenwood one :P And for the price its very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks